Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i've been researching on HID's and trying to figure out exactly how much of a difference it is from 35w HID's and 55w HID's and it seems like there hasn't really been a true end to which is better or brighter truly. i'm comparing too kits right now, one being a 35w digital kit and the other being a 55w digital kit. which one would give a better light output and bulb lifespan? Help will be much appreciated... and yes i've searched the forums and done research

·
Headlight Guy
8,513 Posts
So i've been researching on HID's and trying to figure out exactly how much of a difference it is from 35w HID's and 55w HID's and it seems like there hasn't really been a true end to which is better or brighter truly. i'm comparing too kits right now, one being a 35w digital kit and the other being a 55w digital kit. which one would give a better light output and bulb lifespan? Help will be much appreciated... and yes i've searched the forums and done research
A true 55w kit will be 30%-40% brighter than a true 35w kit, depending on the K color chosen. Longevity wise, a true 55w and true 35w would have the same average lifespan.

·
Headlight Guy
8,513 Posts
and 55w are safe normally in headlight housing right? i won't need retrofit projectors?
A true 55w kit such as our DIGITAL brand run cooler than the stock halogen bulbs, safer than stock in that respect.

You can do retrofit, that is optional. They are on the expensive side, so people do tend to shy away from those if its not within their planned budget for lighting upgrades.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A true 55w kit such as our DIGITAL brand run cooler than the stock halogen bulbs, safer than stock in that respect.

You can do retrofit, that is optional. They are on the expensive side, so people do tend to shy away from those if its not within their planned budget for lighting upgrades.
what exactly do they shy away from, the retrofits?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts