Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Class: Now in Session
16,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so last weekend my car got keyed pretty bad. (From the driver side door, along the side of my car and across the top of my trunk.) My car is EBP so the scrathes show up pretty well. I was just wondering if there was a way to temporarily hide the scratches until insurance takes care if it. Like that color match stuff you can get from Pep Boys or AutoZone? Would that work, or do you guys think I would be better off just waiting to get it repainted? Because there's really no telling how long it will be before the insurance people take care of the problem.
Thanks in Advance.

·
Registered
637 Posts
SubZer03 said:
Ok, so last weekend my car got keyed pretty bad. (From the driver side door, along the side of my car and across the top of my trunk.) My car is EBP so the scrathes show up pretty well. I was just wondering if there was a way to temporarily hide the scratches until insurance takes care if it. Like that color match stuff you can get from Pep Boys or AutoZone? Would that work, or do you guys think I would be better off just waiting to get it repainted? Because there's really no telling how long it will be before the insurance people take care of the problem.
Thanks in Advance.
I would wait, just me.

·
Registered
214 Posts
depends on the damage really. if its to the metal then touch up paint isnt going to cut it..

although if its a temporary solution /only/ the any touch up paint will work. just match as closely as you can..i doubt you'll find an exact unless you call up acura and tell them you want a bottle of touch up paint to match your color..

dont know if they do or not, but most manufacturers offer touch up paint

·
Class: Now in Session
16,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well they have the touch up paint at auto zone. Paint is by Duplicolor, but I guess i would be better off waiting because it is down to the metal. thanks guys

1 - 5 of 5 Posts