Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Pugzministrator
501,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i'm installing HIDs tomorrow on my projectors and i was wondering if anyone on here did it themselves. i remember reading a while ago somebody did and had a problem with the rubber backing behind the housing. obviously that rubber piece won't fit right with the wires that attach to the bulb, so what to do? that rubber cap i know needs to be on them or else the entire unit will fill with condensation and that is something i'm looking to avoid. what whould i do? cut a small enough whole to fir the HID light into this way the rubber cap will fit on and the wires can just stick outside of the whole i cut in the middle? i'm a little confused on this, i tried a search and got nothing...can anyone help? :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
as of right now i dont have any condensation, even though i don't that rubber seal. but maybe thats just me. Some used silicone to make it a tight fit.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I just got my halos with Xenondepot 5000k kit. I LOVE THEM!!!! The color shifting is beautiful!!

·
Pugzministrator
501,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
iVtecMmm said:
as of right now i dont have any condensation, even though i don't that rubber seal. but maybe thats just me. Some used silicone to make it a tight fit.
i installed the HIDs today and we kept the seal on them. what we did was cut a small hole in the back to allow the wires to come out of and pluged it right back over the HID...perfect fit. can't wait to see them at nigh!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts