Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
doing stuff
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered the Tanabe S. Medallion Hyper Spec exhaust and a DC Sports SS header. I'm trying to go quiet power. I want to ad a high flow cat to this. Which one should I order? (probably Carsound but what model number for base set up and where's a good place to order this from?)

Thanks for help :D

·
doing stuff
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok after digging around on here I believe this is the one:
Carsound 94166 2.5 inch tubing with dual o2 boss.
Can anyone confirm this will work with the shorty header on a base? I'm concerned about the piping size difference since my exhaust is 2.36. Also if you have it, did you see a performance gain from the stock cat?

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
That is the correct carsound cat.
It would work but you need to take it to a shop to get welded on because it's a universal cat.
Since you're going the high flow cat route I'm guessing passing emission is important to you. Shorty header + hf cat + exhaust would not make as much as a race header and exhaust. Shorty header is a waste in my opinion and many more members. Alot of people have switched to race header instead of shorty header. I had cai, shorty header, and exhaust for over a year and it's no where new the power i felt after switching to race header. Good luck

·
doing stuff
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya man, emissions are a bitch in this state. Done yearly at state testing centers only and very thorough. Also I'm tryin to stay on the quiet side. Hopefully this set-up will be a decent improvement over stock. I realize it can't do what a racing header can.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts