Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im talking basic auto, not sport shifting. Im getting revs of around 7500 rpms between first and second when I punch it.

this typical?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Not unless you have Hondata. I believe that the fuel cutoff on the auto is around 6800-6900 rpms. With the fuel cutoff set at 6800-6900 it should not let the engine kick back in until it drop below that set rpm. I have the hondata and it only lets me rev. to 7300 rpm.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm...so whats my situation?

im gonna run it a bit more and do some trial and error. it freaks me out though when it does it like I have it in sport shift and forgot... but this is purely automatic and the times that it has popped over 7 grand ive always lifted my foot off the pedal before it could go to second.

when does the limiter kick in? next time im gonna keep it gunned to see exactly where it shifts, but the revs are definitely between 7 grand and 7.5

·
Registered
213 Posts
The limiter should kick in at 6800rpm's.

·
Registered
741 Posts
that's strange how your car shifts around 7-7.5k. The base rsx redlines at 6800. I would be scared if it goes over 7k.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I have had mine up to 7300rpms (the new fuel cutoff that hondata gives) and no problems. The base still has some nice power to take advantage of up in the high revs. I think I saw some where that honda tested the base motor at something like 8000-8500 rpms for an extended amount of time without any engine failure.

·
Registered
247 Posts
maybe the car does shift aT 6800.....but the tach is still reading the rpm out put and between gears there is no resistance so the car revs past the range........I really don't know....just a guess...?????

·
Registered
741 Posts
hey fir0070, have you got your 1/4 mile time or dyno yet? Or did you notice any large gains with hondata? I plan on sending my immobilizer, ecu, and key tomorrow for hondata and was curious.

·
Banned
2,698 Posts
Have you modified your cluster at all, ie made the lights blue? The needles could have not been put back in the correct position. What does your car idle at once it warms up?
After I had my cluster worked on the first time, testing it out, i attempted to redline and it showed i was at about 7400rpm, but that was cause the needles werent reading correctly, that could be your problem. Find out where your fuel cutoff is (indicated) by leaving it in 1st and see where it bounces (dont do it too many times though! :thumbsup: )

·
Registered
213 Posts
chongga02 said:
hey fir0070, have you got your 1/4 mile time or dyno yet? Or did you notice any large gains with hondata? I plan on sending my immobilizer, ecu, and key tomorrow for hondata and was curious.
No times yet, a new dyno shop just opened close to me so I am planning on going and getting it done soon. I did notice a nice increase in power after getting hondata, it was cold here when I got it, so the cold dense air made my car perform even better. To sum it all up, I would definitely go with hondata if I had it to do all over again. Next up is probably going to be either the acura oem body kit or the comptech shorty header(damn emissions testing) with highflow cat. Enjoy the hondata, let us know want your impressions of it are.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I thought there was a rev-limiter on the base. I would be scared if mine reved passed redline.

:wavey:

·
A Working Progress
166 Posts
i just installed a SRI on my rsx base. and for some reason it changed gears at 5k rpm... wat??

1 - 14 of 14 Posts