Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had an idea.. You know how some Lexus and Mercedes have the glowing highbeams when the regular lights are on? What do you guys think of the idea of doing that with the RSX? It seems like it would be simple enough to attach a circuit that would power the highbeam halogens at half, or quarter power, when the lights are on, when you turn the highbeams on, it goes to full power... Comments on this idea? I think it would look neat to have the HIDs and the amber glow in the other lamp.

Deus

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mt rsx said:
it would be nicer if you had HID's in the high beams and have those glow to match the low beams
In all the Lexus and Mercedes I've seen that do this, they have regular halogen high beam reflectors... and HID low beam reflectors... Still looks pretty nice

Deus

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
Deus said:
In all the Lexus and Mercedes I've seen that do this, they have regular halogen high beam reflectors... and HID low beam reflectors... Still looks pretty nice

Deus
ya but why be like lexus and benz...take their idea and change it. of course this would require a second set of HID's and I'm sure the wiring would be different. so if the second set is out of the question than you have no choice but to copy them

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mt rsx said:
ya but why be like lexus and benz...take their idea and change it. of course this would require a second set of HID's and I'm sure the wiring would be different. so if the second set is out of the question than you have no choice but to copy them
I actualy like the amber color when its just glowing....

Deus

·
Registered
743 Posts
Anyone notice that on that sports car revolution that rsx always has its high beams on, but the low beams are not on with them?

·
yawn..
22,903 Posts
They did this on the ukdm integras or something.. it looks GOOD...

Someone figure it out.. i'm doing it as soon as i find out =\

·
Old School
3,823 Posts
How would you get the mid orange blinkers to stay on constantly and blink when signal or hazard is being used?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Down_Shift said:
They did this on the ukdm integras or something.. it looks GOOD...

Someone figure it out.. i'm doing it as soon as i find out =\
Well I think I know how to do it, might be kind of expensive for the resistors or a reostat if I can find one small enough to handle it... Also gotta consider that there will be a minimum power where the halogens wont light at all... I might play with it this spring/summer, if I don't end up getting bi-xenon projectors....

·
-------------------------
5,640 Posts
rsxtc338 said:
DRLs........
Exactly, you guys are talking about Daytime Running Lights. We have them here in Canada and alot of us disable it because it looks like crap and we hate it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
SpeeDemoN said:
Exactly, you guys are talking about Daytime Running Lights. We have them here in Canada and alot of us disable it because it looks like crap and we hate it.
Only that one guy was talking about DRL... I'm talking about a amber glow at nighttime, when you have the lowbeams on, no lowbeams, no glow... See?

so if you want to call it NRL (Nighttime Running Lights) then I guess you could call it that hehe... It would be at lesser power.

I see that a HID projector retrofit will be like $800, not willing to spend that much on lighting, so I'm going to probably enable this idea this summer...

Deus

·
Registered
628 Posts
Deus said:
Only that one guy was talking about DRL... I'm talking about a amber glow at nighttime, when you have the lowbeams on, no lowbeams, no glow... See?
they are DRLs, don't try to think it's something else.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
iNteGraz92 said:
they are DRLs, don't try to think it's something else.
Apparently you have a learning disability... Daytime running lights are the highbeams on without the low beams, for use in day time. What I'm trying to do is have the highbeams turn on, at a lower light output, when, and only when, the low beams are on... Low beams off, high beams off as well... Thus in the day time, you have no running lights. DRL=Daytime Running Lights. With this I would have no lights on during the daytime. Seems to me this invalidates the qualities needed for DRL. If you don't get it, just don't respond. I thought it was a simple concept, and the others seem to get it too.

Deus

·
Registered
826 Posts
I think i know what Deus is refering to. I have been wanting this for a while too. You see this occurence on the Lexus GS series, as well as VW Golf's and the new Mercedes E class. Essentially, your low beams are on, but the high beams remain lit at night at a somewhat lower wattage.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
chiller said:
I think i know what Deus is refering to. I have been wanting this for a while too. You see this occurence on the Lexus GS series, as well as VW Golf's and the new Mercedes E class. Essentially, your low beams are on, but the high beams remain lit at night at a somewhat lower wattage.

Exactly... I'm going to be doing this this spring/summer, I'll keep you guys posted.

Deus

·
Registered
826 Posts
Please do keep us posted. I am very curious if it can be done. I read earlier that it may be done with different fuses. Don't know if that helps, but its all i know.

·
-------------------------
5,640 Posts
How about just using a very low wattage bulb, if such thing exists, and just turn your high beams on with your low beams?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
SpeeDemoN said:
How about just using a very low wattage bulb, if such thing exists, and just turn your high beams on with your low beams?
Yeah, but then your highbeams wouldn't be functional. I think the route I'm going to go is a retrostat so you can control the intensity of the bulb, plus a couple relays, so that when you turn the highbeams on, they go on full power.

There is an electrical shop near here that may have exactly what I need... I don't think they are opening weekends though... I'll have to find time during the week to make the drive...

Also, does anyone know where I can buy H1 connectors? I'd need them as the source of power for this project... Since I have a HID kit, the passenger side H1 power source is unused and I can easily tap into that with a H1 socket...

Deus

1 - 20 of 21 Posts