Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan on doing somewhat of a road trip with my car. Its probably 3000+ kms, and i am wondering about taking care of my baby. I thought about it and i realized one major factor to highway driving is hood chips. Is there anything i can do to prevent that? I could buy a bra, but i think they're kind of costly for just this single road trip. I also thought about tape they use on brand new cars when they are shipped. Any suggestions???
Thanks

G

·
I'm planning on doing the same thing (road trip) and was wondering what I could do as well. I was thinking of this paint protectant/sealant thing but haven't heard anyone talking about it.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
call me crazy....but im thinking of making my own bra. Just for the road trip. Like buy some sort of fabric, cut it out and tape it to the hood of the car. I just need it on while im on the highway for that 16hr drive. What do u guys think?? Any suggestions on material???

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
chiller said:
call me crazy....but im thinking of making my own bra. Just for the road trip. Like buy some sort of fabric, cut it out and tape it to the hood of the car. I just need it on while im on the highway for that 16hr drive. What do u guys think?? Any suggestions on material???
you're crazy

you have to worry about bugs too, those dent, i had about 6 big dragonflys all over my front bumper and some even scratched it, it's a fact, it will scratch,.... you will get chips, i have a ton of them, and my car is just now 5 months old....:( bumper will just need repainted every few years, that or a bra, ::gag::

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
crappy deal....

I m still thinking taping some vinyl material across the bumper and the hood would do better than nothing at all. I just don't think its neccesary for me to invest in a bra for a one time use. I know if i got one, id never use it again.

8,021 Posts
ive had my car for like 2 weeks and my sideskirts already got chip marks on it from when i was drivin on teh freggin freeway and a rock bout 2 inches wide hit the side...:(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.