Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Former Lurker
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone I am new here. I have an '02 RSX that I have been driving since I bought it new in early 2003. I have been hit and run on two separate occasions. One is on the passenger fender where a truck ran into me and sped off. The fender is pretty much dented up and rusted now and the wheel on my passenger front side has burned rubber into it.

The other is from when my car got his while it was parked and I was not there to see it. I believe its the rear driver side quarter panel (right above my driver side rear tire, im a noob so i'm not sure thats what its called).

Where can I find good replacement parts for these? Do you know approximately how much it will cost to buy and paint? I have a friend who can do the body work for me.

I figure I might as well start upgrading my car and modding it here and there as I go since it still runs great but could use some modding for a new look and feel.

Any help is appreciated thanks.

p.s. - I found from an online used body parts site, the fender for about $217 unpainted. but I can't seem to find the quarterpanel on there. Maybe thats not what its called, ill leave that up to you experts!

Thanks!

·
Banned
16,041 Posts
yeah they would have to weld it out depending on how bad it is. if its just a dent they might be able to push it out, and save you some cash. but you are better off taking it into a shop to see what they say.

·
I-VTEC, DO YOU?
2,191 Posts
u cant just go out and buy a quarter panel.. if its pretty bad.. ull have to find a skin and have it welded on... they should be able to fix most of it tho.. no full coverage or what?

·
Section 8
1,556 Posts
yeah, you should have uninsured motorist coverage or vandalism coverage.
that would cover it,

·
Banned
3,217 Posts
Fuck, same shit happened to my EK, I parked outside a shop in a busy street, then I come backoutside theres a big ass gigantic tire mark on my quarter panel.

·
Jimbo's Cowering Employee
4,131 Posts
Damn what is it with ABP getting hit in the driver's side front fender? I was hit at a light when I had the right of way and the bitch turned into me. I was also in a hit and run. It's not fun :(

TS, the quarter panel should be done at a shop for sure. Cutting a welding is going to be some work, and you'll want it done by a pro. Unless your friend does this type of work a lot or for a living I would take it to a shop.

My fender all fucked up. The door got it too. The shop matched the color perfectly on the bumper fender and door.

·
Former Lurker
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks guys ill check out one of the shops in my area.

Can I get insurance to help out even though its been a while? I don't have a police report for it either.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
That sucks....freaking people.. i hope they get whats coming to them

·
Former Lurker
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Damn what is it with ABP getting hit in the driver's side front fender? I was hit at a light when I had the right of way and the bitch turned into me. I was also in a hit and run. It's not fun :(

TS, the quarter panel should be done at a shop for sure. Cutting a welding is going to be some work, and you'll want it done by a pro. Unless your friend does this type of work a lot or for a living I would take it to a shop.

My fender all fucked up. The door got it too. The shop matched the color perfectly on the bumper fender and door.

This makes me cringe.. thats pretty much what my passenger side looks like except its not as torn apart just indented like yours. My wheel has burned rubber onto it though and its ugly as hell..

How much did it cost you to get that fixed?

·
4,131 Posts
This makes me cringe.. thats pretty much what my passenger side looks like except its not as torn apart just indented like yours. My wheel has burned rubber onto it though and its ugly as hell..

How much did it cost you to get that fixed?
Yeah, this wasn't too bad. The inner mud guard got ripped and stuck on my tire so the tire was rubbing pretty bad. I was at work and I used a box knife to cut the guard away.

I had a $500 deductable, but since someone else hit me they lowered it to $100. My insurance paid for the rest of it. I think it ended up being pretty expensive. The had to repaint my bumper and door. They found another ABP fender and put that one on. I think it was about $1800 for the shop to do it all. It's mostly labor though.

If you can, find a fender and have your friend do the work, but for the quarter panel I would go to a shop because of the cutting and welding involved.

·
Love ///My new car
2,725 Posts
a hit and run is either covered by uninsured motorist or by comprehensive, having both of those deductibles lowered to $50 is one of the smartest things anyone can do if you ask me. you shouldn't have to pay a huge deductible for something that's not your fault if you ask me. it won't raise your rates much, maybe a couple bucks a month.

You guys should talk to your agent and see what claim that falls under and see how much it would cost you.

·
Flying Cat
1,408 Posts
Stupid people that hit cars and get away with it, karma gets em back later on though, good luck with this... I hope my car never gets hit like this. *crosses fingers*

·
Banned
5,791 Posts
hit and run will happen..its all about running after them

·
4,131 Posts
a hit and run is either covered by uninsured motorist or by comprehensive, having both of those deductibles lowered to $50 is one of the smartest things anyone can do if you ask me. you shouldn't have to pay a huge deductible for something that's not your fault if you ask me. it won't raise your rates much, maybe a couple bucks a month.

You guys should talk to your agent and see what claim that falls under and see how much it would cost you.
You have to remember that acrsxmike has waited a while to make the claims. This could make the insurance want proof and they could just try to screw him.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts