Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
for my first time ever even around a track.

well my times are that of a civic...but oh well

1st run ever...
RT .796
60' 2.549
MPH 74.11
ET 10.058

2nd run
RT .805
60' 2.659
MPH 65.64
ET 11.480

3rd run
RT .610
60' 2.669
MPH 74.03
ET 10.197

all this was on stock michelins and a full :( tank of gas,
the first run i didnt even launch, i just took off like from a redlight.
the 2nd run i rolled forward a wee bit so i hit the brakes right about as ai was supposed to go...thus my horrible RT, and then i launched at 3.5 and just kinda dumped it i think, and i spun (and hopped) the whole track minus the last 30ft...literally.
the 3rd run i launched at 3k and kinda dumped it again i think, and spun through first.
MODS = AEM CAI, Greddy EVO
oh, and between my 2nd and 3rd run they cleaned up the track. they guy before me in my lane ran a 9.9 in his WRX and had been runnin like 9.1s all night, and the next 2 behind me had the same problems in that lane.

any tips on how to do this better? and yes i read the sticky up top...but its hard to remember all that when your nervous and on the line

this was in savannah GA...right by the ocean so i dunno elevation...prolly 100ft above sea level :) and it wasnt cold, or warm out...prolly 60F or so

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Not much is gonna get better if you're still on the stock tires. Get some sticky tires IE: Azenis. I'm running On Bridgestone Potenza RE950's and they grip very well, little to no wheel spin at all.

Once you get better grip tires then you can launch from a higher rpm.
and dumping the clutch will cause you to spin. Feather it out until you feel them grab then you can dump it.

·
Registered
515 Posts
looks like you misshifted on that second run or stepped on the brakes WAY before the end. thatsabout the only way you could get such a low trap speed. next time let more air out of your tires. you really only need to be max of 18 psi. (for the track)

get you're launch down and you'll be mid 9's EASY.

·
Registered
10,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lucky_317 said:
looks like you misshifted on that second run or stepped on the brakes WAY before the end. thatsabout the only way you could get such a low trap speed. next time let more air out of your tires. you really only need to be max of 18 psi. (for the track)

get you're launch down and you'll be mid 9's EASY.
the second run i spun the whole way literally. i'm not kidding or exagerating either. wheel hop wasnt my friend. thats why the trap and time are so low...but i may of hit the brakes early too...i dunno lol i wasnt too sure where the end was exactly lol

·
Registered
462 Posts
Yeah... lower your tire psi and slip the clutch more (launch higher). You should be at LEAST even with my stock GS-R's times

1 - 5 of 5 Posts