Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well last friday i got backed into by some old man... That was $1200 to the fender and they also have to blend my paint so they are sprayin the hood and car door.
Now today i get rearended...Its not bad at all, i think my bumper is fine, it just has two scratches about 2 inches long verticle and the width is the same as of a pencil, not even down to the metal. My question is will they have to repaint my whole bumper?

The kids mother called me and i told her i was scheduled to get my car fixed at this body shop i always go to. I told her i already had an estimate set up and that i would just get my bumper fixed when my fender was being fixed which was at the end of the month. She asked what body shop, and when i told her she said they charge too much money and that she knew a better place and they are a friend of their families. And i said well i always go to this place blah blah... then she told me her husband is out of a job and she has bills to pay and shit. So i left her with i would get an estimate from both places and play it from there.

What would you guys do?

Sorry for long post...needed ideas and ventage :beerchug:

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
I'm always suspicious of people...so don't take the 'husband is out of a job' line. however, just in case she is telling the truth, go to her shop, get an estimate and ask them if they have worked on acuras before and stuff like that...make sure its a good shop before they paint the bumper.

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
Don't let them bullshit you, they hit you, you pick the place you want to get it fixed, they pay for it. one time a girl hit me head on bc she didnt yeild to me, $7k worth of damage to old A4, she had no insurance, no money, no nothing....she's probably homeless bc of me now :)

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
i wouldn't get it fixed at the lady's body shop. :shakehead especially if they are friends w/ the body shop. The shop is just going to try and save the lady money bc they are friends and do a shitty job on ur repairs. its your right to take it wherever u want to get it fixed. if she tries using that jobless excuse on u, just tell her to file it w/ her insurance if she cant come up w/ the money herself. dont get pushed around and end up getting a crap ass repair. just remember that SHE is the one at fault and it is her responsibility to fix what she has damaged.

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
She hit you, you choose the place. Go to where you know the car will be fixed right. Don't let her talk you into a place that you know nothing about. It is your car being fixed not hers. She says different and you get sue happy.

·
Registered
720 Posts
haha, honestly, it wasn't her, it was her son right? anyway, don't be rude about it, just tell her that you trust this place and you know they do quality work and maybe you can help her a little bit(paint in one shot, and a little prep work) since the other is being done anyway, and that will help her, but you want it done there. Also, don't ever let someone try and make you feel like you HAVE to get it done somewhere....it's your money invested(initially) and they screwed up. Once when I got hit, the insurance company told me to go to a place that I didn't chose, and I went because I knew nothing about that at the time, and they tried to screw me over not once, but TWICE...having to redo something 3 times cost them more than if they did it right the first time, and I had to drive around a shitty car for that long.

·
Governor of Calilfornia
3,352 Posts
FUCK HER. Her brat smashed your car, you get to at least pick where to get it fixed. If she gives you shit, call police and/or lawyer.

·
Registered
456 Posts
then again. yea check her place out. i mean IF shes telling the truth, yea some of us are blessed, and others not so well off. (Basically wat car was her son driving, wat area do they live in?) haha j/k yea i guess be some wat considerate, could happen to you?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts