Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
touge runner
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 06 type s rsx and I just installed a hks hi power catback system on my car. The intial response was "FACK it sounds awesome" then the bad....

I noticed I lost a considerable amount of power and response after the hks was installed. Before with the stock exhaust my car was very responsive whenever i pushed down the pedal but now it seems like theres a lag? Feel like the accel sucks now and the power of the car is not as great as it was with this aftermarket... HELP!

Anyone got an idea why? or maybe how I can fix this problem? The only other mod I have on my car is aem v2 short ram.

Please help
from the paranoid hks buyer :noes:

·
Zilla 4 Rilla ©rew #0
16,800 Posts
well naturally u would lose some low end power and torque...but are u experiencing a loss through the whole power band?

Reactions: rsboi

·
touge runner
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
naw just at the low rpm... Kinda feels like I sacrificed some low end tourqe so that the high end rpm is much stronger...

1,493 Posts
I mean, what your describing should happen, but not to the extent that its super noticeable

·
The Vapor Unit
840 Posts
Thats what most exhausts do, with out tuning, you lose low but gain some high, just learn to deal with it till you get more mods then every ting goes better.

·
5ive6ix2uece
1,590 Posts
yup. i have apex'i gt spec and i haven't lost that much power low-end. but gained some power mid-range. planning to get cai and reflash. o_o i'm not fond of the hks tone because it's a lil high pitched deep tone. best way i can explain it. hahaha.

·
touge runner
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
LOL I love how the hks gurgles after i shift...

It's like WWHHhooooOOOOOttTTTTTTTttt gurgle gurgle gurgle

hahah thats the best way I can explain it. But yea It kinda has an annoying high pitch deep tone.. I was looking for something more deeper but who cares this exhaust still rocks and thanks for all the help[ guys i'll give yall +rep.

·
Wyoming ftl
256 Posts
yes get RH. i kinda felt that way with my HKS, but then i threw on toda RH and BAM! haha sweeeeeeetness!

·
Rice Picker
354 Posts
ummm make sure the tip is 1" outward from the bumper. or else, like mine, it will burn a whole. :noes:

·
Registered
255 Posts
yea i was plannin on gettn the hi power exhaust for my 06 but i got a GReddy EVo2 instead cuz of sound suppression.. anyways.. a rh would be a nice touch... besides.. new parts need time to settle it self.. im paranoid bout every lil sound too haha.. just chill n be patient thats all i can say

·
touge runner
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
How do i make it 1 inch outward from the bumper? do I need to do additional welding? or like im not sure how you would bring out the exhaust more..?

·
Rice Picker
354 Posts
How do i make it 1 inch outward from the bumper? do I need to do additional welding? or like im not sure how you would bring out the exhaust more..?
extend the pipe behind the tip by an inch that way u'll avoid burning and black smoke shit on ur bumper. unless u dont mind.

·
Zilla 4 Rilla ©rew #0
16,800 Posts
1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.