Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO i installed an HKS exhaust a while back,
and there was a problem with the installation because the middle pipe was to long and it woulndt fit in my car, i dunno the details maybe it was made for another kind of rsx in japan or something stupid like that, so basically i had to cut it and get it welded in so it could be used, everything looked pretty good, and the exhaust sounds mean as hell. My only question is that the cutting and welding part i guess changed the path of the exhaust that HKS wanted... and maybe that resulted in like a HP loss instead of a gain from installing my exhaust, because.. i dont know it doesnt seem to pull as hard as it should, but im not sure if its my exhaust... is this possibly a problem or am i just looking to much into it? =\

·
Banned
361 Posts
An upgraded exhaust won't give you much of a power gain regardless. I find it odd that it was too long, and it has nothing to do with Japan. To answer your question, no, I don't see how cutting it and welding would make a power difference. Where did you get this exhaust?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Probably wrong year or for the wrong type like stated above me shouldve just bolted on

·
HT haterzz
3,990 Posts
Its most likely in your head, buddy.

Firstly cat-back exhausts generally don't yield noticeable HP gains, especially if you're going from the stock 05-06 exhaust which flows pretty well, to the HKS which flows better than stock but is known for having some bottle-necks.

Secondly, even if you got the base HKS, the exhaust is exactly the same except for the midpipe. The ID of the pipes is no different, and the "flow" wont have been changed enough to make any difference.

The HKS Hipower really only makes your car louder and burns your rear bumper. Unless someone seriously fucked up at the exhaust shop that modded your midpipe, you probably haven't lost or gained any HP over stock.

·
Registered
2 Posts
and there was a problem with the installation because the middle pipe was to long and it woulndt fit in my car, i dunno the details maybe it was made for another kind of rsx in japan or something stupid like that, so basically i had to cut it and get it welded in so it could be used, everything looked pretty good, and the exhaust sounds mean as hell. My only question is that the cutting and welding part i guess changed the path of the exhaust that HKS wanted... and maybe that resulted in like a HP loss instead of a gain from installing my exhaust, because.. i dont know it doesnt seem to pull as hard as it should, but im not sure if its my exhaust... is this possibly a problem or am i just looking to much into it? =\
Here is a video on how to install and some tips etc!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts