zoom..........zoom...zoom
5,050 Posts
its useless modding your base.

just kidding i just wanted to get a shot in at bunimoo

·
Korican
874 Posts
Ooi3igToO said:
which exhaust is better...performance and sound...
This is the type of question that really cannot be answered. You see since exhaust alone does not produce huge amounts of HP, basically they are pretty much the same when it comes to performance. Now sound is different, we will all feel different on what we think sounds like what. Stuff like the size of the resonator, the size of the muffler, and the stuff it is made of will all help it to sound a certain way. So all in all it is really about what you like :)

Go for the HKS :D

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
i have the 5zigen miracle fireball on my auto
i believe it's different to the regular fireball

my exhuast sounds great after 3,500rpm
but i would have to say that the HKS gives a more tolerable throaty sound...the 5zigen is a little to ballsy for me

btw...those with hks exhaust on their base...is it full stainless steel from the cat back?

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
regular fireball is very very quiet... this will be my exhaust soon to come. im about to order this week. its a 2.362' pipeing. im not sure about HKS but i think its pretty loud. i want quiet as i am getting a race header. 2.25' right now with magnaflow is OK. but i want more top end power. and i feel as 2.5' pipeing is too big and loose too much low end. coupling this exhaust with a race header i think will make phenominal gains (this is what im switching out my system i have now for) and i should see 14.3-14.4 1/4 mi :spin: and with out a cat, i want it to be very quiet as to not attract law enforcement, i will also be painting the muffler black, so i dont draw any attention and will have the sleeper look :)

good luck
Nick

·
Registered
345 Posts
Klutch RSX said:
regular fireball is very very quiet... this will be my exhaust soon to come. im about to order this week. its a 2.362' pipeing. im not sure about HKS but i think its pretty loud. i want quiet as i am getting a race header. 2.25' right now with magnaflow is OK. but i want more top end power. and i feel as 2.5' pipeing is too big and loose too much low end. coupling this exhaust with a race header i think will make phenominal gains (this is what im switching out my system i have now for) and i should see 14.3-14.4 1/4 mi :spin: and with out a cat, i want it to be very quiet as to not attract law enforcement, i will also be painting the muffler black, so i dont draw any attention and will have the sleeper look :)

good luck
Nick
Nick,

I was thinking of getting comptech race header and exhaust myself. What's the best header and exhaust for the base?

thanks

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
comptech race header for sure... then coupled with an aftermarket type s cat back... IE: tanabe, greddy, power getter, hks, 5zigen fireball... etc. for a base i would stay around 2.36 in pipeing (60mm) anything smaller chokes top end. and anything bigger kills low end.

Nick

1 - 15 of 15 Posts