Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
touge runner
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I just bought an hks hi power exhaust from a fellow crsxer. Little did I know (and yea its a stupid mistake) he sold me the 04 hks but my rsx is a 06. I had to get the piping welded to make it half an inch longer and yea the person doing the exhaust for me said I got the wrong year....

I was wondering if having a different year exhaust will affect the performance of my car in anyway? Will I gain more hp from the 06 hks? I also noticed that the exhaust isnt as loud as I thought it'd be? is this also because the year is the wrong year? BTW my cars a type s, and I got the whole catback hks hi power!

help a fellow rsxer!!

·
Johnny Badass
1,066 Posts
lol buddy it doesn't matter what year you got, i have a 02-06 so it fits all years. as for performance it's true low end is effected however highend is improved. yeah i get that too sometimes, sometimes it's louder then usual lol but i'll live and you will too.

HKS hi power crew holla

·
Engineering
25,578 Posts
they are the same man. only thing that would affect performance is the piping size or maybe you got one for a base model?

·
www.magtuning.com
15,007 Posts
...half inch longer? wtf?

02-06 rsx is the same, except for exterior differences and slightly different motor

get a race header, then it will be louder for you..

the stock catalytic converter sucks up the sound, as well as the resonator, if one comes with the hks hi power

·
Sell me your NES games!!
5,876 Posts
Hey guys I just bought an hks hi power exhaust from a fellow crsxer. Little did I know (and yea its a stupid mistake) he sold me the 04 hks but my rsx is a 06. I had to get the piping welded to make it half an inch longer and yea the person doing the exhaust for me said I got the wrong year....

I was wondering if having a different year exhaust will affect the performance of my car in anyway? Will I gain more hp from the 06 hks? I also noticed that the exhaust isnt as loud as I thought it'd be? is this also because the year is the wrong year? BTW my cars a type s, and I got the whole catback hks hi power!

help a fellow rsxer!!
Was it originally modified to fit a RH or something by the original owner?

·
touge runner
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
HKS CREW HOOLLLLAAA!!!

but yea the guy said it was half an inch short so we had to weld it and extend it. Good thing I got hook ups cuz now im just gonna go straight pipe! cept i need to find someone who'll pass smog for me.... anywhos thanks everyone!

·
Retired OG
147,491,194 Posts
the only thing you could have screwed up on was buying a base model exhaust.

·
Sell me your NES games!!
5,876 Posts
it doesnt need to be modified to fit a race header.
My buddy bought a used HKS catback that had an extra 1.5" inches added to the b-pipe to fit some race header that the previous guy was using. I don't know which RH the previous owner had used but you could definitely see where they added the 1.5". That's why I brought it up as a suggestion.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.