Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

241 - 252 of 252 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm interested in how you balance front and rear downforce ... I found on my last race meeting my front splitter created more downforce than the rear so there was a large in-balance with warming up my A050's and causing dramatic oversteer! Yet there was a major difference in driving it since you could feel the downforce pushing down! I since decided I'm going with a bigger GT Wing to counter balance the issue and go from there with aero ...

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #242
Car looks great. Love the splitter, I need to get me one like that.
Thanks! Lots of time and work went into the front splitter and air dam work, but definitely worth it! I can give you details on how mine was built, or hit up Anointed Aero, he's made some really great splitters for some awesome cars!

loving it :thumbsup:
Thanks!

I'm interested in how you balance front and rear downforce ... I found on my last race meeting my front splitter created more downforce than the rear so there was a large in-balance with warming up my A050's and causing dramatic oversteer! Yet there was a major difference in driving it since you could feel the downforce pushing down! I since decided I'm going with a bigger GT Wing to counter balance the issue and go from there with aero ...

So I've been running the front splitter with no wing for awhile now, and haven't had much issue with oversteer (I actually liked how well the car rotated, check out my Streets of Willow video in my signature, this was when I had decent rear tire tread left!). I could definitely feel the front planted with the splitter as opposed to no splitter, and didn't really run into the dramatic oversteer until my rear tires started going out on me during my 3rd and 2nd previous times going out to the track, so, I decided to get new tires while at the same time getting a mild ITR wing setup as well as a bigger rear sway.

After going out again with new tires + the ITR wing and bigger rear sway, I can say that the car feels much more stable in high speed turns and continues to rotate well without that "dramatic oversteer." Also keep in mind though that lots of different things can change the way the rear of your car handles, including camber/toe angles, width of your tire/tire compound, and ride height.

I'm hoping to do a full season this year, so I'll keep you updated on how the car handles with the front splitter/rear ITR wing setup, eventually as I get faster I'll most likely end up getting a bigger GT wing too, most likely in a couple years! Let me know how you like your setup, I might end up doing it later down the road! Love what you've done to the car, looks great!

-Hoang

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #247
Love this build and what its used for. Keep up the good work! What suspension are you running
Still gotta figure out what part I'm gonna pick up from you for the car man! In due time, in due time...

Buddy Club RSD's, have been amazing and have lasted for nearly 5+ years. Probably will go JRZ when the RSD's are done, step the game up :thumbsup:

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #249

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #251
241 - 252 of 252 Posts