Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2005 RSX Premium 5spd
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!
Just got finished an oil change and I do my typical inspection (first oil change with this car so first inspection) I came to find a small hole in the bottom of my transmission, I assume it has been there for a while. The car still shifts fine with the occasional resistance going into 2nd and a slight grind going into 3rd at high rpms.
I turned the car on while under it and could clearly see moving parts behind the hole and could feel some air being forced out this small hole.

This is my first car with a manual and I'm not a huge transmission guy so I'm not to sure what my next steps are, and advice or tips would be great.

It is a 5spd if that makes any difference.

· Registered
132 Posts
I believe it to be essentially a weep hole, for any liquid that found its way in there could flow out. The black cover near the hole is an inspection cover.

Behind the cover is where your flywheel and clutch operate. Hence why you see moving parts.

· Registered
2005 RSX Premium 5spd
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe it to be essentially a weep hole, for any liquid that found its way in there could flow out. The black cover near the hole is an inspection cover.

Behind the cover is where your flywheel and clutch operate. Hence why you see moving parts.
That's great, so that hole is supposed to be there?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts