Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is one of the other things that I think the RSX should have come with. Oh well my car basically has all the little addons I would have been happy to pay for when I got the car.

· Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
its a 3 wire hookup. ground, constant power, and ignition. also I just bought a clip thing from autozone that cost $3. That just glued to the window. I ran the wire up through the top to the pillar on the passenger side. Very easy to do.

Now the trick to this. Every single homelink mirror is almost exactly the same for every car. I got lucky and found a used one where someone did the generic wiring on ebay. The mirror was $127 and it took me about 10minutes to install because i soldered all the connections and was careful on running the wires.

· Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I hate quoting myself, but

travanx said:
Every single homelink mirror is almost exactly the same for every car.
What that means is that the homelink mirror on basically any car is exactly the same one. Some of the higher models migh come with compasses or temperatures on them. Though the TSX homelink buttons are built into the dash, so you only get the autodimming right on that mirror.

· Registered
140 Posts
travanx said:
. That just glued to the window.
I got lucky and found a used one where someone did the generic wiring on ebay.
couple of questions....first, you had to glue something to the window? i like how the rsx mirror hangs from top of the car. can you provide any pics from the front, outside looking into the car to see what you had to glue to the window?

and what's the generic wiring? is that so it's universal, versus one out of another car?

· Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
other cars have their mirror stuck on the window. the 350z looks exactly like mine.

i think if you bought any of these mirrors you just have to find out which wire goes to what. the one i bought the person had already put a tag on where each wire would go to.

· Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

· DNA all over bish!
1,989 Posts
just reviving this thread because i have the same exact mirror that you have travanx and i want to know how you mounted it? I have to purchase a wedge mount base that is supposed to be used to attach it to the mirror but i'm wondering if i can attach it in the stock area. thanks!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.