Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Too low, too slow
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Homelink's website states that the RSX came equipped with homelink. However, after much research I have not once heard of any RSX owner confirming that they infact have homelink. Is this an error? I would love to add homelink to my car and planned on doing a retrofit, but if a model came with it I would love to make the swap. Any information is appreciated.

· is RSeXy
218 Posts
Programming those things are a PITA! I did this on my brothers 7G Accord. My Chamberlain Garage door opener uses those rolling codes, so you actually have to do four times the programming to get it to sync up with the Homelink properly.

· Banned
19,295 Posts
what is homelink???

edit:
The HomeLink Wireless Control System is a radio frequency (RF) transmitter integrated into some automobiles that can be programmed to activate devices such as garage door openers, RF-controlled lighting, gates and locks, including those with rolling codes.

The system features several buttons, most often found on the driver-side visor or on the automobile console, which can be programmed via a training sequence to replace existing remote controls. It is compatible with most RF-controlled garage door openers as well as home automation systems such as those based on the X10 protocol.

The system is made by Johnson Controls and has been installed on over 20,000,000 automobiles as of 2003.[1] It won the PACE Award in 1997, for supplying automotive technology to improve interaction between the consumer, the car, and home.[2]

· Registered
1,432 Posts
I had this mod on my car. I actually still have the homelink mirror in my garage. PM if you wanna buy it off of me. Its simple to install. Buy a $5 kit from pepboys to put the mirror on the windshield. Then wire the 3 wires coming out of my mirror. And then program multiple garage buttons in. And you get the nice autodimming green as well. :thumbsup: One of the best interior mods I did.

· Too low, too slow
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I had this mod on my car. I actually still have the homelink mirror in my garage. PM if you wanna buy it off of me. Its simple to install. Buy a $5 kit from pepboys to put the mirror on the windshield. Then wire the 3 wires coming out of my mirror. And then program multiple garage buttons in. And you get the nice autodimming green as well. :thumbsup: One of the best interior mods I did.
To my knowledge the mirrors are a little too wide to accommodate the use of the sun visors. Also, I like the mounting of the stock mirror, I don't sticking them onto the windshield like the pepboys kit would require. Thanks though, at least I have verification that homelink's site was wrong, I was very sure the RSX did not come equipped.

· Murderator
15,863 Posts
I have ghettolink. Took apart garage door opener and wired in a button I installed near the sunroof button lol.

Ghettolink ftw
:rotfl: Awesome.
Pics of ghettolink button?

· Registered
1,432 Posts
here is a pic of mine. You can get the mirror on without it being in the way of the visors. i mainly wanted the autodimming after seeing my friends Z.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.