Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone help me out? I want to know how to make a grill. I'm pretty straight on cutting it to fit, but not mounting it. What's the best way to fasten it to the front bumper without removing the bumper?

Thanks.

·
RSXoholic
1,051 Posts
if you keep going down the list of subjects here youll find one where tristatersx did a whole bunch of them. theres pics there too. basically i used black zip ties for the two center pieces and plumbers epoxy putty for the foglight holes.and you only have to cut to fit the two center pieces. the fogs should be larger so theres is enough metal for the epoxy to grip onto.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't know about making the grill yourself but I can tell you I got an awesome grill from mpinch. He's selling them on Ebay. They are cut to fit and basically slide in between the clips for the license plate holder and the bumper. It's a tight fit so there is no worry about it moving around. Might work for a DIY grill as well -- although getting it from Ebay already cut to fit sure was easy!

·
6,981 Posts
If you don't plan on taking the bumper off (I believe Tristate did), just cut it down to the right size (make sure it's a trapezoidal shape, not square), and slide it in behind the liscence plate holders and in front of the black bars. It also seems to hold better and be not as loose if you have a good height. I just had to redo mine after I had the bumper repainted and I cut it too short so it is kind of loose.

The key for it to be a success without damaging the paint or anything is to just slid it in sideways. Very easy and works well. My old grill is covered in bug stains.

·
6,981 Posts
Oh and if you still don't know what I'm talking about I think I might cut another one tomorrow so I can take a picture of how to get it in, although it is very simple.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the information. Putting the grill in front of or behing those black bars was a question I had so it's good that you answered it. I know what you're talking about and I can't wait to see the pictures. Thanks again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts