Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I removed my stock gutted airbox and jammed a Tenzo air filter on the end of the stock pipe. Seems like an inxpensive alternative to any short ram, plus it looks ok. Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
So I removed my stock gutted airbox and jammed a Tenzo air filter on the end of the stock pipe. Seems like an inxpensive alternative to any short ram, plus it looks ok. Thoughts?
I don't mean to be a dick but as far as power gains you are not going to see any difference at all. You in fact may be loosing power over the stock drop in filter. I would probably run the stock air box with a drop in filter over that air filter. The filter you put on may sound better then your stock airbox but as far as power if it is a pod filter you are probably robbing power.

·
#selfie
83,462 Posts
You'll gain a bit of power but once the bay gets too hot it will start to lose power.

·
Super Moderator
23,885 Posts
I made my own intake. I have a DIY on it. It actually held up great

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Spaz, I saw a pic of your intake, I like it. As far as I can see, my way is no different than a short ram except that its not pulling air directly by the header. But by no means is this a permanent thing. It was cheap and it got rid of the big airbox. Where are you from in Wisconsin Spaz? I live in Hawaii but Im from this little town called Mayville

1 - 5 of 5 Posts