Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
20,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Holy crap... this dude made an ITB setup for his b16a. Does anyone know if something like this would be possible for a K-series? I'm pretty much a n00b about this sort of thing so I don't know if you could even do it for our engines, but I do know that ITB's are hella expensive, so if this would be at all possible it would be well worth the effort!
Homemade ITB

-------IR

·
Registered
20,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, but his actually looks pretty clean by the end. And for a couple hundred instead of a couple thousand I think I could put up with a certain amount of ghetto rigging... as long as it worked.

------IR

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Ironraven said:
Yeah, but his actually looks pretty clean by the end. And for a couple hundred instead of a couple thousand I think I could put up with a certain amount of ghetto rigging... as long as it worked.

------IR
its not putting up with the ghetto rigging, im saying that thats a lot of talent and ingenuity to be able to do that, im impressed

·
Registered
20,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep, me too... I certainly don't have the skills to pull anything like that off. Why the hell didn't I pay attention in shop class? lol

-------IR

·
Registered
529 Posts
Those ITBs are pretty easy to make. I did the same thing except I used Suzuki GSX 1000 ITBs for my bro's B16. I could do the same thing for a K-series but need a K-manifold flange. Without tuning, it runs like crap and the vacuum is totally off for the MAP sensor so the ECU can't compesate or adjust air/fuel for crap. After we tuned completely new maps for my bro's B16, it ran decent around town and absolutely screamed at WOT.

·
Registered
20,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
DavidT said:
Those ITBs are pretty easy to make. I did the same thing except I used Suzuki GSX 1000 ITBs for my bro's B16. I could do the same thing for a K-series but need a K-manifold flange. Without tuning, it runs like crap and the vacuum is totally off for the MAP sensor so the ECU can't compesate or adjust air/fuel for crap. After we tuned completely new maps for my bro's B16, it ran decent around town and absolutely screamed at WOT.
Did you do dynos to see what kind of hp gains you got? Hell... I would have been super curious to see how it compares to other companies itb setups. Damn, you should totally make one for K-series engines, I'll demo it for ya! :thumbsup: Either that or if you wanted to help me out with the technical stuff I'd consider giving it a whirl.

9bells said:
Still would not likely clear p/s. Cool idea that someone has to try to be sure.
p/s? What's that? (n00b...)

-------IR

·
Registered
24,670 Posts
p/s power steering

·
Registered
20,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
krystar said:
p/s power steering
Ahhh... makes sense. So do other I/M and ITB setups make you remove the power steering pump? I had no idea...

-------IR

·
bEWBIES!!
1,251 Posts
Ironraven said:
Ahhh... makes sense. So do other I/M and ITB setups make you remove the power steering pump? I had no idea...

-------IR
i think toda is going to release itbs for the k-series that keeps the p/s and stock hood.

·
Registered
20,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
shqiptar said:
i think toda is going to release itbs for the k-series that keeps the p/s and stock hood.
True, but it is supposed to be over 5grand when it comes out... I don't have that kind of $$$ to spend on itb's.

-------IR

·
Banned
7,563 Posts
any 1 see this before?

·
Banned
7,563 Posts
that thing looks like a hell of a track car.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts