Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys this is my first D.I.Y and I have always been thinking about doing this because I personally do not like the stock intake box. 1. It takes up a lot of room 2. The sound of the vtec crossover is definitely muffled and lastly I wanted to upgrade without hurting my wallet. It's not show quality but it works great. I don't have any pics of the process but it is pretty self explanatory. A couple things you will need is:

1. Flat head and Phillip head screw drivers
2. Needle nose pliers

Items from your local Lowes or Homedepot

1x PVC 3 inch coupler (located in the pvc or plumbing part) 2.50

1x 3 inch worm gear clamps 2.00 ea (if you don't have any or the filter doesn't come with any)

You will also need an aftermarket air filter. Ebay has some for less then 15 bucks shipped! Just search up "3 inch air filter" or something like that

Step 1: Remove your stock intake box, Just the box leave the rubber arm

Step 2: Insert pvc coupling into air filter and put clamp on and tighten

Step 3: Place clamp around stock intake arm before tightening insert other side of coupling into stock intake arm then tighten clamp

Step 4: Reset your ecu properly

Done! Take it for a test drive and notice the difference between your stock intake box!

Optional: You can paint your coupling whatever color you want. Just make sure you sand and primer it well.

Let me know if you have any suggestions, comments, or questions!

Time to finish: ~10 minutes after you get your stock airbox off
Difficulty: Easy

Here is mine while test fitting no clamps yet:

Sorry for the big pics.... Dont have a resizing program :)

·
aYO!
42,707 Posts
:lolza:

·
Doesn't Give A F*ck
20,301 Posts
:lawl:

come on man.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
I have something similar I keep in the trunk for really heavy rainy days.

·
Expert Troll
25,774 Posts
you guys are idiots if you think a "real" SRI is any better than that. its not like a wrx where it matters..lol

gotta stick a little mini filter on that PCV hose or whatever that is

1 - 20 of 30 Posts