Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was planning to buy Zaino, but I was reading about Meguiars car products. I was wondering if I need to to use dawn to take off the dealer wax just like Homer's guide says to do with zaino. Can i follow his guide with using Meguiars products. I know some things on his guide won't work with meguiars, but the basics of the guide. Thanks:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
um - are you talking about a little coat of wax the dealer prep people put on the car? ot the permanent stuff ?

if just a coat of wax - yea - you'll wanna strip it before putting something good on -
but depending on what you are buying - they often make products designed to do that . .. Meguires scrubs etc . .

im sure someone who knows more about the M line (Frosty - you up yet?) will help on that . ..

but a fair bit of whats on the first couple of pages are still applicable . .

·
Premium Member
20,800 Posts
I'd still use Dawn to take off the original dealer wax layer.

Meguiar's Paint Cleaner and their Body Scrub take off wax too, but it's more thorough to use Dawn the first time so that you are working on a clean slate.
When you reapply wax, you can just let it layer up for about a year or so before you use the Body Scrub to take it all off. You'll find that the wax fades really quickly, only takes a few weeks to fade, about a month and a half to wash right off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.