Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
CRSX> Homework
2,484 Posts
here it is your answer I have the cruise and the shift paddles working no air bag I have to use the clock spring from the rsx and it only have 8 wires 3 for the cruise original buttons and four for the airbag which I used for paddles and cruise on off switch and 1 for the horn.
sick! so you can change gears in sport shift using your paddles? :eek:

·
Registered
4 Posts
yes that was the whole reazon for the steering change it works like charm now just put the shifter to m and I don't have to take my hands fron the steering wheel

·
Registered
52 Posts
here it is your answer I have the cruise and the shift paddles working no air bag I have to use the clock spring from the rsx and it only have 8 wires 3 for the cruise original buttons and four for the airbag which I used for paddles and cruise on off switch and 1 for the horn.
That looks wicked! Only question would be if you can remove the paddles from the wheel? Just curious. :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
is there a DIY for this? I really like that wheel and since I'm not automatic I'd like to keep my cruise and airbag/horn working.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i know I'm late to the game and a lot of other people have probably done this but I'm in the process of doing it now. i will do a DIY write up and maybe a YT video for instructions. Its a work in progress

Car setup so far-
Stock engine + bolt ons
haltech elite 1500 ecu (piggyback)
Mugen coilovers & bracing

Parts purchased for conversion
2010 Honda Fit/Jazz sport steering wheel & clock spring - $90
( I had to buy the whole column from LKQ and since the airbag is under recall they would not sell it to me. i had to find it separately)
Airbag - $100 from a local you pull it yard
Airbag delete resistor - $20 shipped

since the airbag and center cover are riveted together this is unfortunately necessary. I have removed the airbag itself and the charge and will be placing the resistor in the empty center housing. it looks like im going to have to repin the clock spring connectors. I will post the full DIY in a month or 2

21 - 33 of 33 Posts