Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ap2 honda vs the turbo cobalt. Which one is faster? Which one would have lower insurance and which one would have a better aftermarket.(probably the honda) and is the s2000 live able since it only has 2 seats. I really want a 4 seater lik the cobalt but the s2000 is so sexy. So im torn between the too. Please help!

·
Curious Gooner
3,705 Posts
SRT-4 is faster
The Versa has the lower insurance
Aftermarket support for the Smart Car is through the roof
Also 4 doors are lame... get a 3 door!

·
sapnu puas
5,943 Posts
Which one is faster?
- They're probably pretty close to even if you're talking about racing in a straight line.

Which one would have cheaper insurance?
-The Cobalt SS would probably have cheaper insurance, but that's a guess.

Aftermarket Support
-The S2000 has great aftermarket support. I'm not sure about the Cobalt SS.

I would say get the S2000.

·
iTzDillBoB
275 Posts
From somebody that owns an 07 S2000 and my next doir neighboor owns a 2010 cobalt ss turbo. The cobalt will walk the s2k. Without trying. It has no lift shif function and never loses boost. The s2000 on the other hand is a way higher quality built car from the ground up with rwd and a very capable chassis. Both have aftermarket support. This is not to be confused with the older superchharged cobalts, they arent very fast.

·
Pancakes
5,343 Posts
Which one is faster? As previously stated, the SRT4

Which one would have lower insurance? There is something called the internet, use it to get a quote on each type or car. There is also a new website called Google that may help.

Which one would have a better aftermarket? I don't think either car has been out long enough to have aftermarket support - try seeing if there is a forum dedicated to them or something.

Is the s2000 live able since it only has 2 seats? This question is right along the lines of "are turkey sandwiches good?" - make up your own mind.

·
Registered
640 Posts
But which will you enjoy driving more? Probably s2000. My own opinion though.

My guess (and only a guess) is the s2k will hold value better especially if you don't trash it and put a ton of miles on it.

You have to make up your own mind though. Everyone is going to have a different opinion, but if you want mine, I'd say go for the s. That's the last of my cars I'd give up, but I also don't have any kids to worry about. Come to think of it I couldn't take kids in any of them anyways lol.

·
K24 revhard
2,571 Posts
I'm sure those cobalts are always breaking. Can't see them being to reliable . The s2000 is built like a rock. One of Hondas most crowning achievements. I would get an s2000 over cobalt. But my opinion could be biased since I own a s2k

1 - 9 of 9 Posts