Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Do you think Honda Factory Windshield is not as strong as other manufacturer's?

• Yes, definitely get a lot of cracks and stone chips

Votes: 146 48.8%
  • No, just about the same as other cars

Votes: 153 51.2%
41 - 60 of 100 Posts
calgary1 said:
I have owned a lot of Honda/Acura cars and knows a lot of people who own Honda/Acura.... it seems that the windshield that that they put on their cars aren't as good as other cars. Actually, I was talking about that same issue with my friend just last Friday and long and behold today I have my first stone chip on my windshield... I wasn't going that quickly... maybe around 70km/h when it happened. Didn't noticed it until when I was going home from work.

Any one here thinks Honda factory windshield is not as good as other brands?
If you didnt notice it until you got home, how do you know how fast you were going??? Doesnt make sence.

not your Type said:
My windshield has just cracked again. This is the 3rd time I've replaced it in less than 3 years. Someone please stab me in the eye with a meat thermometer.
*stabs you with a meat thermometer*

Discussion starter · #44 ·
TypeS Jay said:
If you didnt notice it until you got home, how do you know how fast you were going??? Doesnt make sence.
didn't notice the chip, but I heard the sound when it hit my windshield.

Holy shit, I posted this message over 2 years ago, and it is still going.

any way to fix it once it start cracking...my just started cracking and i have a 6" long crack working its way across the windshield and its moving fast too...

Once it starts cracking it's pretty much time for a new windsheild...
I have driven at like 120km/h and have semis throw huge rocks up at me and my windshield holds up just fine.

I stay way back behind semis now.

calgary1 said:
I have owned a lot of Honda/Acura cars and knows a lot of people who own Honda/Acura.... it seems that the windshield that that they put on their cars aren't as good as other cars. Actually, I was talking about that same issue with my friend just last Friday and long and behold today I have my first stone chip on my windshield... I wasn't going that quickly... maybe around 70km/h when it happened. Didn't noticed it until when I was going home from work.

Any one here thinks Honda factory windshield is not as good as other brands?
I was driving up a road that was about to be repaved, going maybe 10km, and wham, splinter in the windshield. Guess I should get it fixed.

cheap cheap cheap...

My family had a civic that went through 3 windshields and a Legend that went through 2. I think my RSX has a small one now.. only 6000km on it.

BB88 said:
How much should a replacement cost? I went to a shop near my workplace and he quoted me $325 + tax (PPG)

just had my windshield replaced. $325 (no tax, but no invoice. go back anytime if there is problem ;) )
BB88, where did you get it done?

FCK!!!!!!! now it happened . . stupid windshield . . stupid rocks!

now i have a little crack . .

is there a way i can fill in the crack? cos thats wat some ppl said . . my frends said i can fill in the crack and those window shops or watever . .

cos i dun think i can afford to pay for a whole new windshield . .

i was just wondering where can i take my car to get my windshield replaced? i got hit last summer and i noticed that since the weather got a little warmer the crack is getting bigger....

any shops in mississauga?

I need to do mine, car is almost 3 years old, got 5 pit cracks the first year, though got em fixed except one cracked, though it hasnt spread. The problem is the rest of the windshield has so many little pits that it lights up as a sparklie Xmas tree when the sun starts getting low on the horizon. I really have only driven hondas all my life and well, all seem to only last about 3-4 years before requiring replacing due to what I refer to the Xmas tree effect

My car = rock = new windshield
Moms 2004 Accourd EX = rock = new windshield
Girlfriends 2003 Element = rock = new windshield

Looks a little fishy to me. But i still dont think ill ever drive anything but a honda. :dontknow:

41 - 60 of 100 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.