Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Do you think Honda Factory Windshield is not as strong as other manufacturer's?

• Yes, definitely get a lot of cracks and stone chips

Votes: 146 48.8%
  • No, just about the same as other cars

Votes: 153 51.2%
61 - 80 of 100 Posts
lol...ummm...no, not a defect, its road hazzard.
the only way it would be covered under warrenty is is it was to crack from the sides due to a defect in th OEM installation. Aside from that, anything else is an insurance claim.

Not totally sure about Honda, but I got a nasty chip in my Mitsu's windshield within a month of owning the damn thing. The chip turned into a huge ass crack within hours of getting the chip. Got the windshield replaced under my insurance package policy for 50 bucks. Then the replacement now has hundreds of minor chips, nothing to the glass layer, but the top layer of lamination has SO many little chips in it. Pisses me off because I can never get that windshield perfectly shiny now :firemad:

fucking fuck fuck motherfuck.

i have a HUGE crack, now half the height of my windshield from a stonechip on the highway.
i am waiting to get my windshield replaced at acura, but they dont have any in stock. life sucks. have a nice day!!

Holy cow. Is this thread still going on? Checking the first post it was back on 2002. For me the cracking issue is no longer an issue as I sold my RSX two vehicles ago. :laughing:

Anyways, my previous CL was a first gen and although it was built in the US, I found its quality to be superior to my RSX, especially the windshield.

I read this thread but never heard of this issue before and then last week driving a small pebble that fell off a dump truck in front of me chipped my windshield. 4,600 kms on my '05 base. :mad: I assume that the windshields on RSX are thinner for weight savings. Can't shops repair chips that are smaller than size of quarter with some tool?

1990 Legend + pebble thrown up on freeway = new windshield.
2003 RSX + pebble thrown up on freeway = new windshield.

BTW Honda OEM windshields cost 2.5 times what an aftermarket (PPG brand) windshield costs.

mister x said:
1990 Legend + pebble thrown up on freeway = new windshield.
2003 RSX + pebble thrown up on freeway = new windshield.

BTW Honda OEM windshields cost 2.5 times what an aftermarket (PPG brand) windshield costs.

yeah, i got a ppg when my oem one cracked after a month of owning it. I haven't had any problems since, and i've been bombarded by rocks at times.

AHHHH I got my window chipped by a got damn semi two lanes to the right of me... Im traveling in the fast lane this sucks so much... Im going to get it filled tommarow like some people had advised earlier in this thread... AHHh today sucks!

cracked passenger window

Traveling the trans canada highway and a stone from a semi hit the passenger window at the front near the side mirror. It cracked the whole glass instantly. Luckily I have tint or else I would have flying glass hitting me at 120KM. An accident avoided.

changed it right away and when I put the tint back on, it looks different. different glass, different kind of tint on it.

so, be careful when replacing side window, ask and make sure they use PPG, that way, both window driver and passenger looks the same. :jigglemad

i had a chip spread across the windshield as well... it's now about 16 inches long, from the bottom passenger corner up towards the middle.

any idea what it will cost me to get that fixed guys? where should i take it?

calgary1 said:
I have owned a lot of Honda/Acura cars and knows a lot of people who own Honda/Acura.... it seems that the windshield that that they put on their cars aren't as good as other cars. Actually, I was talking about that same issue with my friend just last Friday and long and behold today I have my first stone chip on my windshield... I wasn't going that quickly... maybe around 70km/h when it happened. Didn't noticed it until when I was going home from work.

Any one here thinks Honda factory windshield is not as good as other brands?
this is my second honda (2004 civic coupe) and i've had my windsheild chipped already. I also had my windsheild crack on me while i was on the highway in my '97 civic.

61 - 80 of 100 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.