Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Do you think Honda Factory Windshield is not as strong as other manufacturer's?

• Yes, definitely get a lot of cracks and stone chips

Votes: 146 48.8%
  • No, just about the same as other cars

Votes: 153 51.2%

Honda uses cheap windshields

19K views 99 replies 72 participants last post by  BoltonRSX-S 
#1 ·
I have owned a lot of Honda/Acura cars and knows a lot of people who own Honda/Acura.... it seems that the windshield that that they put on their cars aren't as good as other cars. Actually, I was talking about that same issue with my friend just last Friday and long and behold today I have my first stone chip on my windshield... I wasn't going that quickly... maybe around 70km/h when it happened. Didn't noticed it until when I was going home from work.

Any one here thinks Honda factory windshield is not as good as other brands?

#82 ·
I know of 5 hondas that have been around all my life, no cracks, no breaks. I own 2 of the five. Other three are either close friends or family that STILL own the hondas. No windsheild replacements whatsoever. Dunno what to tell you all. Stop breaking your windsheilds. I have a 1988 CRX with original windsheild (that's even after a head-on collision!) no cracks, just tint 30% :p

Dunno what you all are doing with your windsheilds.

#84 ·
I just don't like the way my windsheld gets all fogged up at night when i drive. I even turned on cold air to blow at the windsheld and it still gets fogged up (I disabled the AC).. so the only way i could get it to not fog up is to turn on the AC.... i really don't like that..

#85 ·
Hey does this sound like the cause of my cracked windshield?

A basketball is always hitting my car, (I play ball and it bounces over the fence and hits the car). Yesterday I drove to work with nothing on my windshield, parked it. then the temp hits like 96 (hottest here in a while). After work there is a crack from the driver side lower corner going towards the middle of the windshield. The crack at least 12" Guess I gotta go replacement route?

#86 ·
K I know this is under Canada but thought it would be a good place to bitch about my windshield.

I dunno about the glass itself, but when I got the car the glass started to rattle within a week. It didn't set right. So they reset it, glass was good but trim piece (that black side piece) would come up and flap in the wind. So the other week I had them fix that....the glass company slipped with the tool and cracked the windshield! So they had my car for a fricken week. I get it back, trim piece is good but guess what? Rattles again! Goes back again monday. I'm tempted to lemon it if it's not right after this, even though I know it is due to the incompitence of their glass company, and not the car itself. Rediculous!

Sorry, I had to vent.....

#96 ·
just today mine cracked from the bottom passenger side, fuck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.