Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok im planning on getting hondata #4 and I was wondering besides springs for the 9k redline what else should i do for lets say under 500 dollars. I am trying to get above 200 hp. Right now i have AEM v2 and greddy exhaust. Please don't flame and tell me to search because to be honest i don't know much about the engine and dont' know what to search about. Thanks for your help if you help.

·
Registered
24,665 Posts
above 200whp? or 200 crank? yer already above 200 crank hehe.

·
ECU Tuner
4,287 Posts
idriveanrsx said:
Ok im planning on getting hondata #4 and I was wondering besides springs for the 9k redline what else should i do for lets say under 500 dollars. I am trying to get above 200 hp. Right now i have AEM v2 and greddy exhaust. Please don't flame and tell me to search because to be honest i don't know much about the engine and dont' know what to search about. Thanks for your help if you help.
First of all, Hondata 4 is not optimized for a V2. It is optimized for a AEM CAI. I found that out the hard way. Second, I'd say the only thing that would give you a fighting chance to get over 200 whp within your parameters is with a race header. And those are not street legal as you have to remove the cat.

·
Registered
24,665 Posts
yea Hondata 4 is optimized for a CAI. You'll still see gains for a V2 but not the max gains. For ppl like me that just love the gains and don't care about if it's 10hp or the optimal 13.5hp, it's fine. If your aiming for a number for bragging rights, then you probably want to go cold air.

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't care about bragging rights........i like my intake and would love to keep it due to the fact that there are no hydrolock situations with it and the vtech sound is awesome and idk if cai would sound the same. Also i am plannign on a race header........with race header, hondata #4, and greddy evo will i be over 200?......what about rods, pistons, cams...........idk about all that crap or the amount of gains from those.

·
Registered
487 Posts
ok get a hondata k-pro. race header. 02 sim. go tune. See how happy you are!! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't want k-pro for a few reasons. I don't want to spend 1000 dollars on it, I don't want to pay for dyno tuning, and i know nothing about tuning the car.

·
Registered
487 Posts
well in a few months people will be sharing maps from the hondata. so when a map comes about that has your set up, you can copy it and run it. dude you dont understand how much hp you can get by using hondata. its unreal. like with the old B series, you could use hondata and somehow squeez outanother 20 whp, and thats with no mods. plus fine tune your motor, to run perfect. if anything hondata is the best mod for the car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts