Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
With Intake/Exhaust/Hondata #4/Hondata IMG, I made 176.6whp, and 130.1wtq. By changing nothing else except going from the #4 flash, to running the K20A2 cold air program with the K-pro, I managed 188.5whp and 143.8wtq. I was pretty impressed with my numbers, considering I was aiming for 180whp.:nervous:

Anyway, when I got home I took a closer look at both dynos, and heres what I found.
With Hondata #4 at 5000rpm, I was making about 115whp. With the K-pro I was making about 130whp at 5000rpm. :eek: At the same rpm, my tq jumped from about 120wtq to about 137-138wtq. :driving:
At 6000rpm, I was making about 148whp (with the #4 flash), and now im making about 160whp at 6000rpm. The tq at that same rpm jumped from about 130wtq to about 138wtq.

By looking at both graphs you can see my gains were pretty consistent throughout the rpm, with a peak gain of 11.9whp and a gain of 13.7wtq.

Thank you Hondata :thumbsup: ......Time to hit the track again. :laughing:

· 1 of 1
6,419 Posts
wow big improvement...i find it kinda strange though you only made 176 whp with a cai, exhaust, img and #4. I would be execting around the #'s you have now. Ive seen dynos of Ss getting 180 whp with just cai. Im guessing its the humity that was killing it? :dontknow:

Anyways your #'s are much better now! :thumbsup:

· Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Importtuner said:
wow big improvement...i find it kinda strange though you only made 176 whp with a cai, exhaust, img and #4. I would be execting around the #'s you have now. Ive seen dynos of Ss getting 180 whp with just cai. Im guessing its the humity that was killing it? :dontknow:

Anyways your #'s are much better now! :thumbsup:
Heat and humidity good have easily effected my numbers, but I was still way under what other were putting down with similar mods to me. If anything, it was hotter today then the last time I was on a dyno. It was about 95 degrees today. :nervous: The only way I can explain it is, my car doesn't like the dyno.

Despite my low numbers, I am running right where I should be with my mods, so my low numbers never bothered me too much.

· Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Diggs said:
whats different between the #4 flash and the cold air program? i thought they were the same
No, they obviously aren't the same. The K-pro uses a much more aggressive tune.

· 1320 warrior!
1,741 Posts
APEXiTypes said:
Heat and humidity good have easily effected my numbers, but I was still way under what other were putting down with similar mods to me. The only way I can explain it is, my car doesn't like the dyno.

Despite my low numbers, I am running right where I should be with my mods, so my low numbers never bothered me too much.

right there you say it all man :thumbsup:
dyno plots are only good to hang up on your wall in your room, now track slips are good to brag about it :laughing:

· Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
EBP-RSX-S said:
right there you say it all man :thumbsup:
dyno plots are only good to hang up on your wall in your room, now track slips are good to brag about it :laughing:
Exactly, how many people can say they ran a 14.01 with 176whp. :laughing: Im really looking forward to seeing what I can do with my new found hp and tq. :driving:

· 1 of 1
6,419 Posts
APEXiTypes said:
Heat and humidity good have easily effected my numbers, but I was still way under what other were putting down with similar mods to me. If anything, it was hotter today then the last time I was on a dyno. It was about 95 degrees today. :nervous: The only way I can explain it is, my car doesn't like the dyno.

I see...well as long as your posting the fast times thats all that counts! :thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.