Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
maybe I made a mistake, or maybe I found a different-than-average price for a Hondata 4 reflash, but is it more expensive to buy Hondata in Canada than the US? I went to an authorized Hondata dealer here in TO and they wanted $1080 plus 15% tax = ~$1250 CAD.

I want Hondata... but not for that price... I'm sure many of you can relate ;)

Maybe it'll be cheaper buying Hondata from clubrsx or maybe Hondata.com sells them online, instead of through over-priced dealers.

$595 USD = ~$760 CAD

·
Registered
715 Posts
coz canadians has a LOTTTTTTT of tax ;) compare to US. oh well u guys are still lucky coz some of your hospitals are FREE.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hehe.. yeah its 7% government sales tax all accross Canada and in Ontario its an additional 8% so 7+8=15%.

Some other provinces have it good like Alberta I think with no provincial sales tax, so they just pay the national 7%. I could be mistaken tho.

And all hospitals and health care is 100% free, at least in Ontario.

·
28,750 Posts
Alberta gets no tax cuz of all their oil.

And yup, free Ontarian (I think its all of Canada actually) healthcare.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Azncowboy said:
its 860 after tax here in alberta
dammnn.. I would so get that.. is that because of only the GST witout PST?

maybe I can get someone to buy it for me... it mite be even cheaper to get my friend from Miami to ship one over from the US..

But I need to send in a key, and my ecu... kind of a hassle....

·
Little engine that could
5,122 Posts
You can probably buy one of your buddy's already Hondata reflashed ECU from here in the states but just send in your ECU and key to him along with the money. You're pretty much swapping ECU's and keys. Then he can reflash his "new" ECU... That'd be the easiest way to do it for you.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Rookie said:
You can probably buy one of your buddy's already Hondata reflashed ECU from here in the states but just send in your ECU and key to him along with the money. You're pretty much swapping ECU's and keys. Then he can reflash his "new" ECU... That'd be the easiest way to do it for you.
that can work

·
What are you made of...
22,074 Posts
With the CND closing to have same value as the USD, I might be shopping the the US :D ;)

·
Remember Acura_Gurl?
7,025 Posts
Buying Hondata locally is just dumb. The guys I know paid about $1300cdn... that's VERY far off from $595us with the current exchange rate.

Apparently Chris tried to enable ClubRSX to ship this across the border as a "service" that doesn't include many extra charges other than shipping, but I don't think he had any success.

The best plan is to do it in the US. Get it down there somehow, get it done, pick it up over the border. Someone have a better idea, let me know. No chance I'll be paying double.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts