Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
2004 RSX Type S
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, Its been a while since I have posted here. I am interested to find out if anone that has the Hondata Flash 4 has encountered any problems with the increased rev limit. This along with Intake and Hondata Gasket will probably be my first mods. I have read nothing but good things about this mod.
If anyone has or had problems please let me know.

Thanks...

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Theres a reason you only find good things to read about Hondata......Theres really no down side to it.

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
talyler said:
Hondata kicks ass! I want the gasket I just want to trust the installer...:nervous:
Install it yourself. It's very easy. As long as you have the right tools and time, you'll be fine.

·
2004 RSX Type S
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have another quick question. If I install a CAI or SRI and decide to switch to either one. Will I have to reflash?

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
there are only two revs of the flash, stock redline and 8600 redline; so the type of intake you get doesn't matter for ordering it (although you will get the best results with a CAI)

·
2004 RSX Type S
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wasnt referring to the rev in my last question. I was just wondering if when you order hondata and they ask which intake you have. If you change it to the other one later if it will require a reflash. sorry for the missunderstanding

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
ingiro said:
I wasnt referring to the rev in my last question. I was just wondering if when you order hondata and they ask which intake you have. If you change it to the other one later if it will require a reflash. sorry for the missunderstanding
The flashes are all the same reguardless if you have a short ram or cold air. The cold air will work better though.

·
Tyler
1,620 Posts
Install it yourself. It's very easy. As long as you have the right tools and time, you'll be fine.
is it now :wavey: I wish you lived here so you could install mine. I've never seen an install guide for it and don't know where to find one...maybe I'll start searching.

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
talyler said:
is it now :wavey: I wish you lived here so you could install mine. I've never seen an install guide for it and don't know where to find one...maybe I'll start searching.
Alright, I was in the middle of my post with pictures and everything, then aol kicked me off line :jigglemad Check out Teddybear's DIY guide. If you need more help, Ill send you the pictures showing exactly where all the bolts are. There pretty easy to find though.

Let me know if you need any other help.

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=52747&highlight=teddybear

·
Registered
755 Posts

·
Washington Huskies
3,040 Posts
what kind of gains come from the gasket?

·
Registered
755 Posts
Leechiro said:
what kind of gains come from the gasket?
Supposidly 3-5 hp. There are a coply of dynos here that support that claim. I couldn't feel any difference.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
nlaing
how hard was it to install the gasket

·
Registered
755 Posts
Not hard if you're mechanically inclined, just a little time consuming. It should take about 2 hours to do if you follow directions well.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts