Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

hondata img + aem V2 = bad???????

1K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  BlackNite 
#1 ·
I thought I saw somewhere that the hondata img and v2 dont go good together. is this true? I got one to put on from a friend but dont want to hurt my v2's performance

#2 ·
the reason that was posted was that the IMG messes with the resonance of the V2. It might be true since the hondata gasket is thicker than the oem one. shouldn't be enough to make a diff. do a before and after dyno and let us know :) or maybe i'll do it....

#3 ·
i don't buy it at all. a few extra mm's for the intake runners is not going to affect the resonance...there is no way that intake was designed to be that precise. if that was the case, you could never change anything on the intake side with the V2 (TB, manifold, etc...)
the V2 is way more marketing concept than innovative enginering anyway.

#6 ·
i havednt seen dynos of this but for 60 bucks i say get it

#8 ·
well, there you go...

Something to remember too, Hondata was tuned for a CAI, so you won't get the same performance as you would with a CAI. But its only a matter of a couple HP...

#9 ·
yea but i'm betting alot of the other V2ers might switch sooner or later. cause we lose a little hp already compared to cai. then also we don't get full potential of hondata. then if u put other mods on, you also won't get full potential cause those are prob tuned/made for a cai. darn sacrifices :) I know I'll be stickin with this for a while. hehe

#12 ·
Anyone else with the v2 having this problem: the damn powdercoating is starting to bubble up and I'm sure its just a matter of time before the powdercoating just starts peeling off. Fuckin' A mang!

#13 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.