Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
401 - 420 of 841 Posts

·
Autox/Track whore?
4,123 Posts
If i get the hondata reflash and cant pass emissions, does hondata charge for reverting it back to stock?
u will pass emissions. Don't worrry about it. Unless you swap out your car with a test pipe or race header, you'll be alright.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Does it make a difference if mods (or a reversal of mods) are done after the Hondata reflash? For example, having an intake, header, and exhaust, then removing the header and/or the exhaust. I'm excluding the removal of the intake as my understanding is the VTEC point is lowered on cars with intakes and I would imagine that it would not be recommended to remove the intake.

·
Registered
13,797 Posts
You can do the mods after you get the reflash; that's just fine.

·
Registered
113,845 Posts
You can do the mods after you get the reflash; that's just fine.
agreed...but you want to at least have an intake before you get the reflash, with the stock box you will actually have a loss of performance

·
Meth Blow Speed = my life
7,078 Posts
Whats the deal with the K100...has ANYONE done that??? That sounds like the better deal than the Hondata...and now worrying about all this leaning out crap and if problems will occur with later mods...

·
Registered
24,665 Posts
the k100 is not sold as a end user product. it's only avail to vendors as a tool to provide aftermarket tunes to cater to their aftermarket products.

·
boostedsex
30 Posts
Hondadata

I have a 02 RSX-S..... Im into my car but I Don't want to tune it to perfection I was thinking about the reflash but at the end of that FAQ I was under the immpresion that it might even make me lose power
somebody please get down to the bottom of this pleas

·
Registered
95,893 Posts
Your stock '05 cams are about the same as Type-R cams, their just another revision of the same cams. So, if your getting a reflash and Type-R cams, it shouldn't cause any problems. The only problem you'll have is a pain in the wallet for paying for cams that you practically already had.

·
Registered
113,845 Posts
Your stock '05 cams are about the same as Type-R cams, their just another revision of the same cams. So, if your getting a reflash and Type-R cams, it shouldn't cause any problems. The only problem you'll have is a pain in the wallet for paying for cams that you practically already had.
agreed....why pay money for something you already have :crazy:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Noob question:- Can a base K20A3 ECU be KPROed ? If so should I waste my money and time doing it ? Say for instance I get CAI/H/CatbackExhaust, lighten pulleys and IMG will getting my ecu kproed make a huge difference........?

Could I get 160-170whp ? Or am I dreaming..........

·
+ Displacement
604 Posts
:iamwiths:

YES and YES. Type S ECU and Base 5 speed ECU is similair except Type S has a reverse lockout for 6th gear which base won't need. I can take a Kpro ECU and plug it into a base and with the proper CAL, its a meaner machine all of a sudden.

I know this cause I have a base and a type S....

·
Registered
125 Posts
Can KPRO work in my car ?

I have a 2002 Honda Integra (JDM 5 speed IS), RSX shape. Now hondata's website does not indicate that kpro will work for my car. Does anyone know for sure ? It say it will work for 02-04 RSX BASE and 02-04 Civic SI but what about the JDM 02-04 Base/IS ?

·
+ Displacement
604 Posts
I have a 2002 Honda Integra (JDM 5 speed IS), RSX shape. Now hondata's website does not indicate that kpro will work for my car. Does anyone know for sure ? It say it will work for 02-04 RSX BASE and 02-04 Civic SI but what about the JDM 02-04 Base/IS ?
email Hondata with your ECU serial number and they can assist. As far as I know, it should work but you might need a primary O2 sensor from the 02-04 RSX.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Thanks much.
Ok I emailed Hondata and they said Kpro can work with my JDM ecu.

Next question :-

I just found out that my car (JDM 2002 Integra IS) does not
carry the immobilizer. If I choose to get a reflash
instead of kpro can Hondata still do the reflash without my key and
non-existent immobilizer ?

401 - 420 of 841 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.