Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

821 - 840 of 841 Posts

·
vtec just kicked in yo
245 Posts

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Anyone know of a KPRO onsite installer in socal? I checked the website with no results, maybe there's a shop out there that does it :shady:

·
Registered
460 Posts
Hey guys I have a question that I can't seem to understand, I check the dealers on my local area if I buy a reflash from them I don't need to ship it to hondata or do I still do?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey all, I didn't see this question answered anywhere. I'm going to send off for reflash next week. The Hondata form says to send one key. If I have two keys, should I send both of them? Not sure if it would make a difference. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Tune

I just purchased a 2003 type s. Single owner, older lady. She drove the same clutch for 153k miles. Replaced the clutch. Installed k&n intake and a cat back. I'm interested in a tune but I'm not sure how the car would respond because of the high mileage. Everything runs smooth.

Anyone know anything about tuning high mileage cars?

·
Acura Parts Dept.
581 Posts
Hey all, I didn't see this question answered anywhere. I'm going to send off for reflash next week. The Hondata form says to send one key. If I have two keys, should I send both of them? Not sure if it would make a difference. Thanks for the info.
you could probably send both but just one is fine. they need to pair it to the immobilizer.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks silver knight. Already sent off and got back. I only did need to send one key. Pretty happy with the result. Not as crazy as some claim on here, but nevertheless, better than before.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I just purchased a 2003 type s. Single owner, older lady. She drove the same clutch for 153k miles. Replaced the clutch. Installed k&n intake and a cat back. I'm interested in a tune but I'm not sure how the car would respond because of the high mileage. Everything runs smooth.

Shouldn't have any problems, i'd go ahead with the tune.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Kpro install help

I just got a kpro for my 2005 rsx type s and I don't know how to install it. It came with a paper telling me if I have low injectors it could ruin the Ecu that I should have high injectors. But my rsx has stock injectors. Do have to change them out or can I use stock injectors.

·
05 Type S RH Reflash LSD
2,183 Posts
I don't have Kpro but there should be no reason why you can't run stock injectors. Just make sure you pick a tune that uses stock injectors. Is that really what it says? I've never heard injectors referred to as high or low

·
Registered
1,609 Posts

I'm about to tune my 189k type-s :eek: I'm sure my transmission will blow before my motor does. Im doing bolt ons and tune, nothing crazy

·
Registered
190 Posts
Getting a reflash, or going all the way with K-Pro are both going in the right direction in getting the full potential out of your K series engine. If you get the K-Pro start by down loading one of Hondata’s can calibrations that will come closest to matching your modifications, and also set your injector size (stock -310cc). Hondata calibrations will get you going but you need to get your engine tuned in order to enjoy your engine modifications. Leave the tuning to the pros. There are a lot of tuners out there but not many truly understand how to setup a K20a2 engine. Look up eTuning services and check out Vittuned to start with. The K20a2 is a strong engine. As long as it has been maintained properly and operated within specs you can tune it at any mileage. I have 177 miles on mine and it’s still running strong.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hondata Reflash

I am interested in the Reflash for my 2005 Acura RSX Type S. I have a Injen cold air intake and Greddy catback exhaust. I'm a fairly new member here. Where do I navigate on the site to purchase through CRSX? Also do I need to send in all keys and the immobilizer with the ecu to Hondata? I have like three ignition keys and spare remotes for the car. Thank you in advance, snowman325i

821 - 840 of 841 Posts