Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Aaron
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Current engine Mods: Injen SRI, K-Pro ECU
Gas Used: 94 Oct.

Just installed my K-Pro and installation is a snap. Turned on my car, loaded the CAI calibration with a little modification to some of the options, and started listening for the dreaded sound of knock. I listened and no knock. So I shut the car off, turned it back on and let the car idle for a little bit. Still no knock. Turned on the datalogging, revved my car up a little bit, still no knock.
Then I went for a drive. I drove down a few of my favorite roads doing about 10-20 2nd and 3rd gear pulls with it and I was amazed! The car pulls SO hard compared to the stock ECU (I never purchased Hondata 4 and I've never ridden in a car with it). Anyway, I data logged for about 10 minutes, watching the knock count planted at 0. This thing is amazing! :thumbsup:

I'll keep everyone posted on how it goes, but so far this was money very well spent!

· Vendor
935 Posts
knock

I don't think there's any reason to be paranoid about knock. First, you won't get knock at anything other than full load or close to it, so checking at idle is not necessary. Second, on 94 octane I don’t think you’ll get the car to knock if you tried. Since we tuned the calibrations on the finest California petroleum spirit (91 octane), you can probably go to lower octane as well.

PS send some 94 our way.

· N/A to go please...
1,787 Posts
You guys need our Chevron Supreme 94 octane... It's the only stuff I use, so I'm not too concerned about knock when I get my K-Pro (sent my ECU in today! :D ).

Of course we're paying $1.15Cdn a litre for the stuff... What's that work out to? Lessee... $.73 times 3.78541 litres to a US gallon = $2.76 gallon. :(

Peace

WhiZ

5,022 Posts
But isn't 91 octane like the very best gasoline in the world? /end sarcasm. Cali rules for everything in the import scene, except for the gas.

Hondata said:
I don't think there's any reason to be paranoid about knock. First, you won't get knock at anything other than full load or close to it, so checking at idle is not necessary. Second, on 94 octane I don’t think you’ll get the car to knock if you tried. Since we tuned the calibrations on the finest California petroleum spirit (91 octane), you can probably go to lower octane as well.

PS send some 94 our way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.