Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well heres the situation... i had my rsx for 6 months running stock pretty much.. so now i go and order the ecu and kpro from hondata... basically i had them supply the ecu AND kpro so i could still daily drive my car without sending my ecu in... now here is the situation..

i get the unit in and plug it in... car starts but is running on high idol and check engine light comes on.. i log in using the kpro manager and stuff and its throwing the code primary heater malfunction... no biggie i get a new sensor and plug it in.. still nothing.. so i look at my sensors while the car is running and so forth... my lambda is stuck at 11.48 and if you look at the voltage of the primary o2 sensor its at zero... so then i plug my stock ecu back in and car runs perfectly fine no check engine lights and so forth.. take the car to the acura dealer cause my friend works there and they check everything and car is perfect... so i then tell my friend to plug in the hondata ecu and check it again... and through diagnostic come to find out the ecu is bad and not sending a voltage to the o2 sensor... he said when the stock ecu is plugged in its sending a 12 volt out from the ecu to the o2 sensor.. with the hondata ecu its for some reason only sending 4.1 volts... just to let you know it is a prb ecu for the type s and yes i loaded the right calibration.. i called hondata today and talk about giving me a hard time... they gave me the hardest time imaginable.. i told them how do i screw up unplugging the stock ecu and put in the new one... they kept saying i must have wired something wrong...basically putting the blame all on me..then i explain when i put my stock one back in it works perfectly fine.. i cant even datalog properly cause i aint getting any o2 sensor reading... so i took one of my friends hondata and tried his.. works perfectly fine on my car.. i explain the whole situation to hondata.. no modifications on my car except a head unit.. and they still insist its my fault.... then finally after 30 minutes of bashing each other he tells me send the unit in and put a detailed letter in from the day i got it to now and the situation of the ecu with a full contact... imma do that first thing in the morning but is there someone i should forward it too in particular.. cause after he explains to send it in he hangs up... dang i didnt spend $1500 just to get shafted on a hondata ecu that dont work properly... i mean it would be nice to at least get some decent help...

WHAT SHOULD I DO GUYS??

·
Car Is Sold!
6,315 Posts
When I got my kpro, I tried to datalog and it wouldn't. All it would show up was the ECT and the IAT numbers. The rest stayed constant. I ended up uploading my ecu first, the downloaded it back. When I first got it, they were using the new version of Kmanager. I was on the old version. Didn't match up. I would at least try to download the new version and then re-load a calibration.

·
ECU Tuner
4,281 Posts
xproductionz702 said:
... they gave me the hardest time imaginable.. i told them how do i screw up unplugging the stock ecu and put in the new one... they kept saying i must have wired something wrong...basically putting the blame all on me.... cause after he explains to send it in he hangs up... dang i didnt spend $1500 just to get shafted on a hondata ecu that dont work properly... i mean it would be nice to at least get some decent help...
Who did you talk to? If things transpired as you explained, I can't imagine Doug and Derek wanting this sort of customer support.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
conradb212 said:
Who did you talk to? If things transpired as you explained, I can't imagine Doug and Derek wanting this sort of customer support.
it was a guy named matt... not doug or derek thats for sure... but dont look too deeply into the comment i made about giving me a hard time.. yes he was giving me a hard time but the tone of his voice remained constant like a broken record and kept repeating the same things over and over even after i told him i already done that

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
xproductionz702 said:
yes he was giving me a hard time but the tone of his voice remained constant like a broken record and kept repeating the same things over and over even after i told him i already done that
lol, I spoke with him when I first received my Kpro and could not datalog for crap. He also kept repeating the same things over and over, I guess you really can't blame him as I’m sure he has talked with people about some extremely simple/stupid "problems".

anyways, good luck getting this resolved as it sounds like you took some good troubleshooting steps to isolate the issue.

·
Mental Midget Fighter
357 Posts
It was suspected at first that he may be using a PRA ecu (european civic type r) which does not have a wideband controller. I was necessary to make sure this was not the case before going any further.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Spunkster said:
It was suspected at first that he may be using a PRA ecu (european civic type r) which does not have a wideband controller. I was necessary to make sure this was not the case before going any further.
if this is matt then its nothing against you... you were just doing your job and probably get the same questions day in and day out.. but as you can tell from talking on the phone you guys supplied the ecu so basically imma do what you guys suggested and make a little letter on the problem and troubleshootings i did and send it to you guys next day air

1 - 9 of 9 Posts