Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,285 Posts
One is for the ITR flash and the other is the Type-S flash. As for mods, you just need an intake (cai recomended but I am using a V2 with no problems).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Truckondo said:
One is for the ITR flash and the other is the Type-S flash. As for mods, you just need an intake (cai recomended but I am using a V2 with no problems).
So what are the horsepower readings supposed to be for a type s with Hondata #4? Because if you look at the dyno it has the K20A flash vs. K20A2-4 type s vs. a Japan ITR. In the dyno it shows the K20A2-4 at a bit over 210 whp?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,955 Posts
henrys44 said:
So what are the horsepower readings supposed to be for a type s with Hondata #4? Because if you look at the dyno it has the K20A flash vs. K20A2-4 type s vs. a Japan ITR. In the dyno it shows the K20A2-4 at a bit over 210 whp?

Hondata #4

This page shows what a Type S should have with Hondata #4
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
EvilSpyderMan9 said:
Hondata #4

This page shows what a Type S should have with Hondata #4
That was what I figured however I was confused because in the dyno that compares #4 against the Japan spec type R and the K20A flash it showed the #4 flash at around 210 and the K20A a bit above that>>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,955 Posts
henrys44 said:
That was what I figured however I was confused because in the dyno that compares #4 against the Japan spec type R and the K20A flash it showed the #4 flash at around 210 and the K20A a bit above that>>

I've only skimmed through that once, I believe what it was comparing was the K20a motor with the reflash and all the goodies that you need to get that motor to run; against our K20a2 motor with all the upgrades that make it compatible to work with the type R flash.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,955 Posts
There's a confusion i've been trying to figure out about buying the hondata for my car.

On the ClubRSX odering form for the Flash it says ECU's (serial #'s) PRB A05 and below but on the Hondata Website it says PRB A01 - PRB A06

and mine is a A06 so I dunno what the deal is.

Anyone know this or maybe I am not reading the order form correctly. :confused:
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top