Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry, i want to get a hondata, but i dont know shit about it.
Right now i have an AEM V2 intake in my type S. i will buy an exhaust system and a header later. i been reading to try to find info about hondata, but i am confused. When i buy the hondata, do i get a brand new ecu and take out my stock ecu? or i send in my stock ecu to hondata for them to reprogram my stock ecu? i want the ecu that will raise my redline to 8600rpm and lower vtec down to 5200rpm. Is this the hondata #4, or is it called the hondata flash #4? was is hondata flash? wat is hondata kpro? i am very confused, is there anyone nice enough to help me. where can i buy it for cheap price brand new.

·
Registered
48 Posts
well first of all u have to send ur stock ecu w/ the immobolizer and key to hondata. the hondata #4 flash is the one that u would want for the redline and lower vtec. the k-pro is more for if u are using boost or nitrous. i asked the same thing about getting either kpro or the #4 reflash. if u decide to boost it later, u can get the kpro discounted, it ends up being $100 more but well worth it. I am actually sending mine out on monday for the #4 reflash. i'm not sure when or even if i will turbo it so if i do, then i will get the kpro. price is same everywhere, but that includes shipping both ways. i did find it for only $555, but that only included return shipping, you had to pay for the shipping there urself. i bought mine thru clubrsx, it was easy. i bought it tues, got the box today, and will be sending monday and will have it back wed. morning. i hope this helps u out.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wat is the difference between the hondata #4 flash and the hondata #4 reflash? so i send my stock ecu and immobolizer and key to hondata for them to reprogram to have higer redlind and lower vtec? when i get my stuff back, i just hook it back into my car and drive? and i have to pay hondata for that? i look at clubrsx , so i have to buy their hondata programmable ecu upgrade? wat is the difference between the hondata programmable ecu ($995) and the hondata programmable ecu upgrade ($500) ?

·
Registered
48 Posts
the programmable ecu upgrade is for those that already have hondata. since i will have mine next week, lets say next summer i turbocharge my car and then would need the programmable. since i already paid $595 for the #4, i would only have to pay $500 instead of the full $995. so overall i am paying $1095, but unless u know u will need the programmable soon, i'd say get the #4 now and worry about the kpro when the time comes.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I am not going to boost my car but I still bought the K-Pro. It will allow you to change air fuel ratios , cam angles (Planning on getting bigger cams) , which size injectors you have , altering Vtec points , idle speed , etc. etc. So the applications are not just limited to those who plan on boosting. If you have a race header and you just have Hondata 4 at Vtec crossover you will beging to run really lean , losing horsepower , with the K-Pro you can tune that. Well just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so if i just want the hondata 4, which one do i pick on clubrsx. because they have the Hondata Programable ECU ($995), the Hondata Programable ECU: Upgrade ($500) , and the Hondata Programable: New ECU ($1595). people say if i buy the hondata 4, i can just add another $100 more to get Kpro, is that right?

·
Registered
59 Posts
josephphng said:
sorry, i want to get a hondata, but i dont know shit about it.
Right now i have an AEM V2 intake in my type S. i will buy an exhaust system and a header later. i been reading to try to find info about hondata, but i am confused. When i buy the hondata, do i get a brand new ecu and take out my stock ecu? or i send in my stock ecu to hondata for them to reprogram my stock ecu? i want the ecu that will raise my redline to 8600rpm and lower vtec down to 5200rpm. Is this the hondata #4, or is it called the hondata flash #4? was is hondata flash? wat is hondata kpro? i am very confused, is there anyone nice enough to help me. where can i buy it for cheap price brand new.

you use the stock ecu, and a seperate box that you send in to hondata to be base mapped.

-Deven

·
Registered
24,665 Posts
if you just want the hondata #4 reflash, just pick the hondata reflash. it's $595. hondata reflash #1,#2,#3,#4 is a different product than the Kpro ECU. don't confuse them. with a reflash, you send them your ecu,immobilizer and keys and they send you back your ecu reflashed with new fuel maps,vtec,and fuel cutoff. with Kpro , you send in the same things, but you get back your ecu with some extra circuitry that allows you to plug a USB cable in and mess around w/ a laptop.

so can i hit stage 4 nitrous with a laptop and have all the funky gfx like FnF? hehe

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
It doesn't seem too hard to go to www.hondata.com and read what each item says. Did you go to the website and click on each link for the rsx engine?

You want the #4 flash. There aren't multiple #4 flashes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts