Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
If you read the Hondata site is says they used 89 not 87 and also that they recommend 91. Why even bother spending the money for a re flash if you aren't going to put the proper fuel in the car. It will retard the timing when it detects knock from low octane fuel and you will gain nothing from the reflash
Why cant I just put "proper" fuel my car? The same reason why I bought a base instead of a type S........I can't afford it. :finger:

I wouldn't say that I haven't gained anything when I know I can definitely feel the difference. Am I using the reflash to its full potential? No, but its my daily driver and I got other bills to pay. I'll save the extra power when I'm proving myself on the drag strip. I'm still having hella fun with my new mod and I'm not doing any long term damage putting regular fuel since its not a S.

·
05 Type S RH Reflash LSD
2,176 Posts
Not to be a jerk, but seriously just curious: Did you use 87 octane when cylinder 4 blew on your top speed run? Just wondering. Sorry to hear about that. I wish there was an easy fix :sigh:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Not to be a jerk, but seriously just curious: Did you use 87 octane when cylinder 4 blew on your top speed run? Just wondering. Sorry to hear about that. I wish there was an easy fix :sigh:
Nah, gas is cheaper this year compared to 2014 so I last filled up with Shell's V-Power crap.

But I think I plainly just pushed my car too much, generated too much heat and blew my cylinder. I actually did an oil analysis at 155K miles with BlackStone Labs and they said my engine was healthy (using 5w-10 Royal Purple). Engine blew at 160K miles. Oil level was fine, didn't remember seeing my temp gauge going up during the run.

All well, next engine I won't push it so hard. I'm satisfied with my 135 mph record :rolleyes:

41 - 43 of 43 Posts