Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Soup to nuts
7,175 Posts
you will be fine with those mods as long as you dont get a race header.

·
www.magtuning.com
15,007 Posts
Do you have an 05-06? Or an 02-04?

LOL @ Sport headers

Did you mean shorty header?

Anyway, its fine to run a race header with a reflash, just runs alittle lean but not dangerously lean.

05-06 runs more lean than the 02-04 with RH + reflash

·
I can see clearly now
1,347 Posts
i run a reflash, itr header, and cai. I love it

·
Hi there
696 Posts
There arent any "Requirements" for the reflash just suggestions of what should go along with the setup. As Far as the #4 reflash goes Hondata only recommends that you have a Cold air intake cause the longer tube helps a little bit with torque and such. And from my previous research You can get a CAI, DCRH and not run too lean w/ an 02-04 But if you get a CAI DCRH + exhaust you might want to look further into K-Pro cause you will have some lean problems.

·
UnDr PrShR
1,854 Posts
I just got my reflash and its great!! You don't need anything but like CBRDC5 stated its better gains with a CAI and you can run a RH but you might run Dangerously lean so stick with a shorty.....Do you have a base or a S??

·
MIDNIGHT TUNING
534 Posts
the reflash is safe to run with a race header and/or test pipe my friend and i ran it pretty much with no problem and still no problems here

·
aka Batman on weekends
1,677 Posts
running lean is only an issue with 05-06 Rh & reflash combo.
02-04 has no problems at all

·
Soup to nuts
7,175 Posts
hondata shows that their lower vtec point was specifically designed for a cold air intake, you my notice a vtec "dip"if you use a short ram

·
I can drive up your rsx
29,087 Posts
RH+Reflash made my midrange lean. Biggest lean spike at vtec crossover and I'd feel a slight dip.

Overall your better off with kpro and RH.

·
Soup to nuts
7,175 Posts
the dip in power is less than 10whp, so its not something you'd feel, plus, theres too much going on between the conversion from low cam to high cam, increased noise,that its not something you'd typically notice.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.