Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you own the s200, what are your opinions? Which of its features are the most useful (such as the launch control and full throttle shifting)? Also, what is the rev limiter automatically set at, and if you dont get the ROM editor, will the dealer tune it for you? Also, what is the VTEC set at/ what is the optimal RPM for VTEC on a non-forced induction type S? :driving:

· I love Audi Junkie!!!
3,072 Posts
josh_15 said:
If you own the s200, what are your opinions? Which of its features are the most useful (such as the launch control and full throttle shifting)? Also, what is the rev limiter automatically set at, and if you dont get the ROM editor, will the dealer tune it for you? Also, what is the VTEC set at/ what is the optimal RPM for VTEC on a non-forced induction type S? :driving:
If you own an RSX or any other K20 vehicle, you need the K-Pro, not the s200.

See ya,
JMS

· ECU Tuner
3,588 Posts
josh_15 said:
Oh, I didn't realize that. So the K-Pro is the only option, but what if you dont have that much knowledge or experience? Are you still supposed to program your own ECU?
No, then you read the FAQ at the top of this section. It answers almost all questions about the Hondata reflash and the Hondata K-Pro.

· I love Audi Junkie!!!
3,072 Posts
conradb212 said:
No, then you read the FAQ at the top of this section. It answers almost all questions about the Hondata reflash and the Hondata K-Pro.
Not neccesarily... You will never gain exsperience without trying, so if you have any sort of understanding of how fuel injection and ignition timing works, then go for it. Just be sure to watch the videos, and read every bit of information in the tech section of Hondata's website, before you even start to think about tinkering on your own, otherwise, you can pay an acredited Hondata Tuner shop to tune your RSX for you...

Good luck...

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JMShipp2 said:
Not neccesarily... You will never gain exsperience without trying, so if you have any sort of understanding of how fuel injection and ignition timing works, then go for it. Just be sure to watch the videos, and read every bit of information in the tech section of Hondata's website, before you even start to think about tinkering on your own, otherwise, you can pay an acredited Hondata Tuner shop to tune your RSX for you...

Good luck...
Ok. Thanks, I guess ill start doing some research.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.