Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sent my ecu, immobilizer, and key to hondata through usps to get reflashed on sep 8 and it was “delivered” on sep 11. On tracking it says delivered to agent. I know what that means but is that how hondata usually gets their shipments for reflashes, kpro, etc. I’m nervous from sending out my only cars ecu and key and i really don’t need any inconveniences. just wanna know if anyone else has had this show up on their tracking.
Also, the rev limiter will be raised to to 7300 rpm but I’ve seen in videos of the rpms going up to 7500. The reflash is for a 04 base rsx with 175k miles. Should i prep the engine in any way before i decide to redline and see what the reflash did. I’ve searched and found only good reviews. This is my first time for everything so i don’t know what I’m doing or what i should do.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Make sure your chain and tensioner are in good condition. You will be fine as long as you have been maintaining your car properly, but don’t go redlining everyday.

And do some research before you go buying stuff. This forum has so much information, take advantage of it while it’s still here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you, im expecting the chain and tensioner to be in good condition as im not redlining all the time, the car is still a daily driver so reliability comes first. Im thinking about serpentine belt and spark plugs, or any other side components like that.

I did as much research as i could, always do, but all i could find is reviews of the actual reflash, no steps of how to ship the ecu or any problems people may have ran into. Just spooked at the fact that i dont know if the ecu is actually at hondata and if anyone else experienced this while sending ecus.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Dude, don’t worry about the shipping. You didn’t see anything regarding shipping problems because there’s no reason for a problem to arise. “Delivered” means it delivered. The only reason you should worry is if you used the wrong address or didn’t follow the instructions. I had the same message on something I ordered recently, it was in my mailbox. You can change your plugs and belt if you wish, but your just wasting money if they are in good condition. Don’t assume the chain and tensioner are in good condition at your mileage. If you have any stretch and the tensioner is fully extended, you run the risk of jumping time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I sent my ecu, immobilizer, and key to hondata through usps to get reflashed on sep 8 and it was “delivered” on sep 11. On tracking it says delivered to agent. I know what that means but is that how hondata usually gets their shipments for reflashes, kpro, etc. I’m nervous from sending out my only cars ecu and key and i really don’t need any inconveniences. just wanna know if anyone else has had this show up on their tracking.
Also, the rev limiter will be raised to to 7300 rpm but I’ve seen in videos of the rpms going up to 7500. The reflash is for a 04 base rsx with 175k miles. Should i prep the engine in any way before i decide to redline and see what the reflash did. I’ve searched and found only good reviews. This is my first time for everything so i don’t know what I’m doing or what i should do.
I have a 2002 RSX type S with 378,000 miles, grant you I’ve babied it and have been on top of maintenance the best I could. Bought the Hondata ECU Reflash, turn around time with shipping it back and forth was about 2 weeks, but that’s besides the point. My DC5 responds extremely well with it, given that I have full bolt ons, even with high mileage (although im not redlining it 24/7).

To answer your question, I’d change your valve cover gasket and spark plugs, just for the peace of mind. Like others mentioned, don’t redline in 24/7. You’ll enjoy the reflash.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts