Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has there been any recorded dyno runs of a turbo rsx tuned by hondata? I know they have done the tuning for the JRSC and i ask because i know they were able to squeeze more power out of it by dialing out the valve overlap with the vtc adjustment. So has Hondata tuned any turbo rsx's or are these numbers were seeing for all the turbo rsx's just produced with piggyback ecu and no adjustments to the valve overlap? if this is the case, i think the programmable ecu could mean quite a bit more power for turbos. The JRSC makes about 300 whp at 7.5 psi with overlap dialed out. A CN turbo makes about the same WITHOUT the overlap being dialed out. i would think the gap in power would grow being that a turbo is less parasitic.:dontknow:

·
Registered
109 Posts
I heard somewhere that Hondata was going to make a flash for the Greddy kit, but I am not sure. You would need some serious dyno time to make a flash for the CN kit with a programmable ECU. Especially since the ECU is not "real-time" takes about 2-3 seconds to make the updates.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Yeah Hondata is working on a GReddy turbo ECU flash. I think it was p220 or teamxrsx who heard that straight from Kenji.

·
K series tuning liberator
2,524 Posts
emfollin said:
Yeah Hondata is working on a GReddy turbo ECU flash. I think it was p220 or teamxrsx who heard that straight from Kenji.
this is true and i can't wait to see the what this means for us GReddy turbo owners!!!!!! i am already starting to save my money for it.

He told me and p220 i believe, while he was in Florida, looking at our cars.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I can't speak for Hondata directly, but I believe the answer you guys are looking for lies within the Programable K20 ECU that will be available early in the new year.
That is the solution with the most versatility in my opinion.

·
Senior Member My Ass
1,650 Posts
i do agree with u prodrag to a certain extent. the flash will be released around the same time as the stand alone. for those people like me that just want a flash that's more or less plug and play and aren't looking for stupid power than the flash seems like the most reasonable route. yes there would be more versatility in the stand alone but not everyone wants to deal with it. i drive my car MAYBE once a week if that and just want something reliable that's got some balls to it too. According to Kenji the flash should be out February some time and they managed to extract some good power(about 30 whp) by adjusting the cam and ignition timing. i would be happy with 280whp that's reliable and gives good mileage. that's just my .02 though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts