Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

hondata vs 50 shot nitrous 1/4 mile

2K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  Integra_boi 
#1 ·
which would be more effective in getting a lower 1/4 mile time

#3 ·
I'm sure a car equipped with a 50shot and CAI would pretty much murder a car with Hondata and a CAI. Well, murder might be an overexaggeration...get the best of both worlds - nitrous + reprogrammable Hondata ECU!

#8 ·
[email]xxsharkexx@yahoo.com[/email] said:
50 shot = 37hp (approximately)
I was under the impression from reading in the nitrous section on this site that a 50shot typically dynoed at 50+ hp to the wheels.

And CAI + Hondata is more than 10whp..isn't it more like 20whp? CAI alone gives 10whp.

#10 ·
Look at kindles sig he ran faster with hondata #4 than with a 50 shot. The hondata is linear the 50 shot is anything but, you are also going to loose alot of traction.

#12 ·
Akira9203 said:
Isn't nos not compatable with hondata since it advances timing?
Nitrous is NOT compatable with the Hondata reflash currently on the market because it advances timing, just as you said. however, check out www.hondata.com and you'll see that they are about to release the reprogrammable ECU that will be compatable with nitrous and F/I applications. That's what I was referring to.

#14 ·
It all depends on the car and type of NOS system. I saw a EX civic gain 64 whp off of a 50 shot. Weird!

#16 ·
Okay, tell me what I have seen. Those doses of 50,75,100 shots are not as accurate as you think. Theyu are closer to those #'s if the car is stock but if it is modded the better breathing helps a whole lot.

ex. a good cat-back will give about 5-7 hp on a stock car, on a F/I car a good cat-back can yeild 4 or 5 times as much.

#17 ·
i think i read in a magazine where after they used bottle heater and got the bottle pressure to a good amount they actually did get more than they were supposed to (like 55 oout of a 50 shot or something im not exactly sure on the #'s but it was something like that)

#20 ·
eddie123 said:
Look at kindles sig he ran faster with hondata #4 than with a 50 shot. The hondata is linear the 50 shot is anything but, you are also going to loose alot of traction.
He actually ran a tad bit quicker w/ the 50 shot over Hondata.;)

#21 ·
Come on, were talking 100ths.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.