Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does any1 have any kind of experiences with hondata?(good or bad) About how much HP will it add to my auto RSX? Every response appreciated. :driving:

·
Department's Peon
640 Posts
it will add quite a bit of HP but from what i heard it is not worth the money to get hondata for our auto RSX, perhaps you should consider something like the Apexi VAFC II.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what is the APEXI VAFC II exactly, please be as detailed as possible

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
hondata is great for the 5 speed, cant vouch for the auto.

Have a CAI yet? If not, get one of those first.

·
Department's Peon
640 Posts
APEXI VAFC II basically allows you to set where u want your VTEC to kick in, since our fuel saving... (my ass) vtec kicks in at around 2200 you can't really feel any of the boost, but setting it higher will make our vtec become more.... real VTEC, how ever some ppl might tell you that you'll lose low-end power. I personally believe that’s not true, I believe I saw someone on another thread proved that the APEXI gave quite a bit of ponies under the hood.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanx chinkyntz
no cai yet. i'm kind of hesitant b/c of possible hydrolock. i'm thinking if i should take the risk or not. i live in southern california(Los Angeles, to be more specific), but im still very hesitant. maybe you guys can prove me otherwise...

·
Registered
213 Posts
I have Hondata on my base and I love it. Only other mods are the V2 and Comptech catback. The Hondata made a definate difference with the mods I already had. The Hondata gave back some of the lowend I lost due to the exhaust and increased the power and torque throughout the rpm range. The extra rpm's up high are nice also. I think the base still has alot of useable power in the high rpm ranges.

·
Registered
529 Posts
How does forcing the A3 to run in 12-valve mode longer make it make more power? Think about it dude, common since. If anything, lower your VTEC point so it starts using all 16-valves as soon as possible. The A3 VTEC is nothing like the A2 VTEC so don't think that upping your VTEC point is going to make your car faster. It feels faster when you raise the VTEC because your motor feels very sluggish then when it opens up the other 4-valves on the intake side it breathes better so you get a slightly better pull. It will make your car slower, guarantied. The guy that said he got more HP from raising his VTEC in his A3...I asked for a dyno picture once or twice and he said he'd provide it but I have never seen it nor has anybody else. Think about it.

·
Department's Peon
640 Posts
...I am not going to argue with your post David, there had been a lot of talk about that issue and I suggest finding those post to see what they say, of course there will always be someone that will disagree and agree with the Apexi but it’s all up to the person preferences.

·
Registered
529 Posts
chinkyntz I do read here on the base forum quite a bit to broaden my knowledge and all the posts I've read about the VAFC comes down to what I just said. That dude that promised the pictures of his dyno graph never showed them.

Didn't mean to sound rude but if you think about it, it's common knowledge. If it made that much more HP, Hondata would of used it in their program. Hondata is the only way to go right now as far as ECU tuning. They are the shitznitch and continues to push the limits of the K-series motors. Just don't go with JET ;)

·
Registered
50 Posts
don't sweat it dude. i got Injen CAI on my 5spd and i definitely love the darn thing. I also live in L.A. and the past couple of years we haven't been getting any significant amount of rain that really floods the place. Hydrolock, from what people's been saying, can only happen if you completely submerge the filter in water, other than that you're fine...hope that helps a lil.

Ballrof2k said:
thanx chinkyntz
no cai yet. i'm kind of hesitant b/c of possible hydrolock. i'm thinking if i should take the risk or not. i live in southern california(Los Angeles, to be more specific), but im still very hesitant. maybe you guys can prove me otherwise...

·
Department's Peon
640 Posts
:( hmmm alright david

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thnx guys

1 - 15 of 15 Posts