Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Hondaphile
350 Posts
It's absolutely worth the $50, and works great if you're using it with the RRB/RBC manifold. It works no matter which manifold you're using.

It works by relieving the metal/metal contact caused by the cheap OEM intake manifold gasket. Instead, this hi-temp almost plastic-like gasket disrupts the heat transfer caused by the metal/metal contact. This creates a cooler intake manifold, which in turn means cooler air, which means better combustion. :thumbsup:

I've heard of it being up to 50% cooler over stock.

·
Registered
113,845 Posts

·
ASSHOLE CREW
5,839 Posts
its probably one of the cheapest mods with the most horspower you can get.

·
ASSHOLE CREW
5,839 Posts

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
i cant post threads yet but i wanted to know what is the best year rsx type s???
what is with you Noobs just posting your stupid questions in any old thread...?

At least bump an old thread that is relevant... sheesh...

The best year is whatever year you can afford.... Consumer Reports says stay away from the 06 but who knows why....

If you like the newer body style get an 05 if you like older get an 02-04.

If you want a certain color you can only get FRP in 02 *i think* and milano red in 04 *i think* you can get milano in the newer body style but I dont know if its both 05 and 06 or what.

2 things:

1. Your question is very general. Next time get specific:
"what is the best year for the RSX-S in regards to... (quality, reliability, speed, color choice, etc)
2. Also, we'd rather see you bump a thread that is somewhat relevant than try to jack someone elses.

And to the TS... no I dont have one :p

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
i asked this once before and i cant remember if i got a good answer but how bad is the install? i want it but i really haven't torn anything apart to do an install yet on this car so im a little nervous to start yanking shit out. Is it a good idea to have a shop do it or would it not be worth what they would charge me? I wanna do it my self but I don’t want to run into any problems that I cant resolve ya know. :noes:

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
i asked this once before and i cant remember if i got a good answer but how bad is the install? i want it but i really haven't torn anything apart to do an install yet on this car so im a little nervous to start yanking shit out. Is it a good idea to have a shop do it or would it not be worth what they would charge me? I wanna do it my self but I don’t want to run into any problems that I cant resolve ya know. :noes:
it will be a bitch to install, but stop being a wuss and do it yourself. a smart friend will always help. research the numerous writeups on this install, it is definitely worth your money.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
it will be a bitch to install, but stop being a wuss and do it yourself. a smart friend will always help. research the numerous writeups on this download, it is definitely worth your money.
right on man. i guess im just gonna go for it. and there is really no good car people around here that i know of yet because i move around alot so that kinda sucks.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I installed it without having a whole lot of exp., and it was a pain in the ass, but after doing a little research it was pretty straightforward. After seeing the old gasket, I would definately say its worth it, especially for the money/hp gains. You wont feel the gains, but theyre still there. One thing that threw me of during the install were the two 12mm bolts located under the car that hold the support brackets to the manifold. The Hondata instructions mention them, but not their exact location. Hope that helps!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts