Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I`m confused, I understand that hondata's new flash for the race version caters for 5 or 7psi. I also noticed that this flash was availible on the new K-pro as well. The question I have is how does it do this? I mean the parameters for timing, fuel, ect cant be the sam can they? Does the ecu destinguish betwee the boost level and automatcially compensate? If it does how does this work on the k-pro. Can you explain how this works in depth hondata?

·
Vendor
1,224 Posts
thatguywiththersx said:
Does the ecu destinguish betwee the boost level and automatcially compensate? If it does how does this work on the k-pro. Can you explain how this works in depth hondata?

We have rewritten the software in the ECU to automatically cater for all levels of boost up to 11.3 psi, which the stock MAP sensor was capable of reading.

The JRSC reflash is a subset of our K-Pro.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So using the k-pro i could select the "5-7psi" flash and it would cater for all boost up to 11.3psi or would i need to retune for say 10psi. What i`m asking is the map on the k-pro "auto sensing" too? You guys are computer geniuses, i really need to come to one of you seminars some time and get the full run down on the k-pro. I know you guys are having one this weekend but i cant make it. when is your next east coast one?

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
okie I just wanna make sure that i'm understanding this right, the flash is good for either the 5 psi or 7 psi. I'll be getting my race kit in next week, I only need to send my ECU in once right??? cause im planning to put the 3.4 pulley on later.

·
Aaron
1,131 Posts
Hondata, what would be the best way to get the K-pro and the JRSC setup. Is there a price reduction for the JRSC Race Version if we already own a K-pro?
thanks.

·
Master of Auto Talk
1,260 Posts
just don't buy the race version. If you already have the k-pro, then just buy the street version and some injectors

1 - 7 of 7 Posts