Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know why Hondata limits the RSX to 7300 RPMs and the EP3 to 7700 RPMs? I know their intake manifolds are different but the RSX is running on the shorter runner during high rpms anyway. I've called and asked a few shops that sell Hondata but they don't have logical answers. They're esentially the same motor except the EP has EPS (Electronic power steering) and a single runner intake manifold. I emailed Hondata but was just wondering if anybody knows. I'll let you guys know what Hondata says when they reply.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Si's have different IMs and different TBs. The Si K20A3 is a much better engine at high RPMs so the Hondata program takes advantage of that. The RSX A3 had to be tuned for low down torque since it comes with an available auto tranny. Yuck.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, here's a direct quote from Matt over at Hondata. "Because of the flow characteristics of the manifolds and the fact that the Base RSX just starts making significantly less power as the revs go past 7300 rpm."

I was always under the impression when the RSX's shorter runner open up in the upper RPMs they were the same as the Si and Type S manifold...guess not.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts