Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you can see from the picture the hood looks to be not closed all the way. No idea how this happened, noticed it a while back but havent had time till now to post this. Thinking it could be a hood latch, is this a common problem? any other ideas? thanks in advance

:pimp

Attachments

·
Registered
276 Posts
hood latch

did you jack the car up on the radiator support by chance? i dd and mine looked like that until i fixed it
I did the same thing with mine,Jacked up the radiator support.the only thing wrong now is that when i pop the hood it does not make the clicking sound when u pull the cable.How did u fix your hood.Any help would b gr8,thx

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hood latch support

Its most likely your hood latch support. You can get the part at any honda/acura dealership for around $65. Mine broke and the only way to get it to stay shut properly was to replace the entire support. I have a video on youtube under my usernane ruzty1311 and i do a quick walkthrough on how to replace it and what happened to mine....hope this helps you or others :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Re:

im having the same problem. I did notice that the latch is kinda loose but i tightened. Since that didnt work i looked into it more and found the the metal that the latch is on is broken making the latch loose. Havent found a solution but found this.

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=786447&highlight=hood
you're going to need a new upper tie bar, you get it at an Acura dealership. the lock is bolted on there and there is a spot weld holding it to another part.

http://www.acuraoemparts.com/delray/...All&vinsrch=no

its part #3

·
Registered
117 Posts
happened to me but i was able to fix it, by un bolting the tie bar, and the latch assembly and re-bolt it, and make sure you pull the latch all the way up while you're tighting it, I really hope it'd work

·
Registered
19 Posts
happened to me but i was able to fix it, by un bolting the tie bar, and the latch assembly and re-bolt it, and make sure you pull the latch all the way up while you're tighting it, I really hope it'd work
You literally saved my day, I just changed my t bar and the hood wouldn’t lock, it was like popped so after taking apart the t bar like three times I decided to check the forums. And sure enough I bolted the hood latch higher and it’s shut and locked thanks even tho this post is from 2012. You saved the day in 2020.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Having the same issue with my rsx, going to try your method tomorrow

1 - 10 of 10 Posts